Wednesday, October 30, 2019

My Top 10 Suit and Tie Fragrances

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hey, folks! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! I have another top 10 for you. I get asked quite often what my favorite fragrances to wear with a suit are. I will be honest, I don't wear suits very often. In fact, I don't even own one that fits right now. However, I do know what fragrances I would want to wear with a suit.

I am going to break this down into two parts, 5 for warmer weather and 5 for cooler weather. Just to give options on both sides. The colors category denotes what color suits would go well with this fragrance.

I had a rough draft of this typed up a few months ago, but TLTG Reviews dropped a video on this a few weeks ago and it reminded me that I needed to finish it. Let's get into it!

Warm Weather

5. Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Grapefruit, almond, musk, and orange

Colors: Light


L'Homme Ideal is more casual than others on this list, but it can work with a light-colored suit to an event that isn't as formal. It still smells very classy and fits the mold. Tart and fresh grapefruit with warm and nutty almonds that dries down with some musk and vetiver. Very clean, refined, unique and somewhat playful, but not too much.


4. Bleu De Chanel EDP
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Grapefruit, lemon, incense, amber, and cedar

Colors: Light to dark(except black)


Bleu de Chanel is about as versatile as you can get in a fragrance. It goes just as well with a pair of jeans as it does with a suit. Zesty grapefruit, lemon, incense, and cedar make this one a crowd-pleaser that can fit in at any occasion. I think it's a bit too bright to be worn with a black suit. I think the Parfum would be okay with black though, so opt for that one if you have to wear black. The woodiness and less citrus in the Parfum make it more wearable with dark colors, but overall I am partial to the EDP.


3. Creed Aventus

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Pineapple, apple, birch, bergamot, blackcurrant, musk, and patchouli

Colors: Light to dark


Creed Aventus is a culture icon at this point, but it's versatile enough to wear with a suit. Vibrant pineapple. fresh apple, sparkling bergamot, dry and smoky birch, tart blackcurrant, clean musk, and woody patchouli work to make this one of the most popular fragrances on the market. The woodiness in the dry down with a bit of fruit with musk allows this one to have enough class to wear with any color suit.

I am not a huge fan of this fragrance, but it's okay. No one can deny its success. I don't really subscribe to the idea that a bunch of the batches vary as drastically as people say. After trying a few different batches, they might be 3-5% different at best. Just buy Aventus and love it if you do. Don't worry about the batch hype.


2. Creed Green Irish Tweed

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Lemon verbena, violet, iris and sandalwood

Colors: Any


Green Irish Tweed is a standard fragrance for gentleman. A classic DNA that holds up to modern times. Like walking through a lush field of grass after a spring rain. This one speaks of class and is perfectly suited for any event you can think of. Smelling clean never goes out of style, my friends.


1. Guerlain Vetiver
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Vetiver, tobacco, lemon, bergamot, and nutmeg

Colors: Any


I might be a bit biased on this one, since Vetiver is my favorite fragrance. However, it's also the cheapest on this list(for warmer weather ones at least) and it works wonderfully with a suit. Another clean gentleman's fragrance. The DNA is a bit more dated than GIT, but I still adore this fragrance and I would put it up against on fragrance on the market today.



Cool Weather

5. Bentley for Men Intense



Main Notes: Rum, leather, patchouli, benzoin, and cinnamon

Colors: Dark


Bentley for Men Intense got a bit of hype as a designer offering with niche quality. I would have to agree with this assessment. This fragrance is certainly very high=quality, but it's not for everyone. If you spray more than 2 with this one, the paint might start peeling off the walls. It's a very classy and formal fragrance with rich depth and complexity. I would say this fragrance is only suitable for suits. It's cheap though, so you can save a few bucks to get a suit not made of polyester.


4. Alexandria Fragrances Hafez 1984

Main Notes: Tobacco, guaiac wood, saffron, rum, and patchouli

Colors: Dark


This fragrance made people start noticing Alexandria Fragrances even more. Pungent and earthy tobacco meets rum, woody guaiac wood, earthy patchouli, and leathery saffron with a bit of spice. This is another 2 sprays max fragrance. You will choke someone out with more. It can be worn casually, but I think it's more formal due to the overall dryness of it. This is a serious fragrance for  a serious businessman who is ruthless in his deals.



3. Tom Ford Oud Wood
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Oud, rosewood, cardamom, and sandalwood

Colors: Any


Oud wood is a global phenomenon. Given the price of this fragrance, you would expect it to have real oud in it, but it doesn't. Regardless, this is a very classy synthetic oud and sandalwood fragrance with a bit of sweetness from the cardamom and vanilla. It fits into a suit just fine.


2. Bvlgari Man in Black


Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, rum, leather, and tobacco

Colors: Dark(Duh, it has black in the name)


Man in Black is a load of dry and spicy goodness with a touch of class from sweet rum and dark tobacco. It can be dressed down, but I think it works best in a suit. This one is masculine to the core. It's cheap too, so get a sample and see if you like this fragrance that I believe is superior to Spicebomb.


1. Zaharoff Signature

Main Notes: Lavender, myrrh, vanilla, incense, oud, and sandalwood

Colors: Any


I could have put this fragrance on the warmer weather one as well, but I think it's more suited for cooler weather. Just control the sprays on it and you will be fine when it's warmer. This is seriously a beautiful fragrance. It's dark, clean. woody, and masculine with a touch of sweetness. It makes me think of something MFK would make for his Oud line. I know this one has caught some hype lately, but I said this stuff was amazing almost a year ago. That still holds true.

This fragrance is the embodiment of a man in a suit to me. Its luxurious dark quality has that impact on my olfactory senses. It's also quite clean with dominant notes of myrrh and powdery lavender. The oud/sandalwood round out the overall vibes with vibes of manliness. I seriously love this stuff.

You can get a free sample to check it out. Just google "Zaharoff free sample" and fill out the form. It's free, what have you got to lose?


Conclusion

These are my choices if I was to wear a suit. I think they are all amazing fragrances. Try to get some samples and try them for yourself. I think you will be quite pleased. Remember this though, a gentleman is made from his actions and how he treats people, not by his fragrance of suit. Be a man of honor and integrity and wear these fragrances with pride!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day. Until next time, speak positive words and keep smelling amazing!

I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment