Friday, October 25, 2019

A Trip to the Pier: Scentual Obsessions Wood Sage and Sea Salt Review

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hello, once again! I do sincerely hope everyone is doing well today. I know that fall stuff is in swing right now, but I have another summer scent to bring you today. This one was sent to me by Scentual Obsessions and it's their version of Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone. This fragrance isn't one that has many clones, which baffles me, given that it's such a good fragrance.

This was sent to me for free to review, but it did not impact my opinion of the product in any way.

Also, this was only a sample, that is why there are no pictures of the bottle and I will not cover the presentation.

Let's get into it!


Notes
Ambrette Seeds, Sea Salt, Grapefruit, and Sage


The Scent


Opening

Wood Sage and Sea Salt opens up with a salty blast of freshness like sitting by the seaside with a cool ocean breeze caressing your skin. A clean white linen shirt then entices your senses with its clean aura. The linen shirt accord comes from the ambrette seeds, which are also known as musk mallow. The cool breeze accord comes from some fresh and slightly tart grapefruit. The opening of this fragrance is casual, relaxing, very enjoyable.

Dry Down
As the heart of the fragrance comes out you get that woody sage note with a bit of aromatic herbalness to it. It gives an impression of a pier, a little bit like some salty driftwood. The grapefruit and sea salt hold strong during this time, mixing with the woody sage and fresh grapefruit to create a euphoric feeling of sitting on a dock or pier by the ocean with a cool breeze gently blowing. It's quite vivid. It's a simple smell, but something that I quite enjoy.


Performance
Jo Malone isn't known for their performance. When I tested the original Wood Sage & Sea Salt from Jo Malone, I clocked it in at about 4 hours. With Scentual Obsession's version, I am getting aroudn 7 with about an hour and a half of projection.

It's not beast mode by any means. However, when you consider that this is a marine type fragrance, then 7 hours is very respectable, especially at the price they charge for these.


When to Wear it
This fragrance is suitable for spring through fall. It has a cooling aspect to it that makes you think of a beachside campfire when the temperatures have dropped a bit and you need to bust out that hoodie. So, it's a great fall fragrance.

This fragrance is truly unisex. It doesn't lean feminine or masculine. It's more of a place and time fragrance.

Wood Sage and Sea Salt is mostly a casual fragrance, but you could dress it up a bit with a white lenin shirt or a sundress and be just fine with it. You could possibly wear it with a lightly colored suit as well.


Overall Impression
Wood Sage and Sea Salt is a wonderful recreation that is very close to its original, besides the performance. This is a mass-appealing scent, so it's one that I would say is a safe blind buy. I still suggest sampling it first though. The clean beachy vibe of this fragrance just harkens you back to wonderful memories of good times and extraordinary vacations. Bravo, Scentual Obsessions, bravo.

 The fragrance is overall somewhat light, so it's not something you wear to garner tons of attention. It's one that is safe and will not be offensive to anyone. Such is the case with a lot of marine fragrances that don't have seaweed in them. People will still be able to smell it, just not from 10 feet away.

I would judge this fragrance as full-bottle worthy and I would love to have it in my collection. My sample only has about 1ML left in it, so I have worn it quite a bit since getting it.

Everyone have a great day and remember to spread positive vibes! You never know who you could help with a few kind words!

Buy Wood Sage and Sea Salt here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment