Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Oh My, Apple Pie: Babylon Burning Desire Review



Good afternoon, everyone! I hope everything is going well for you wherever you are. Today, I have another review from Babylon. I haven't done a review on them in quite a while, but they are still around. This one was inspired by Parfums de Marly Oajan, of the best fragrances for this time of year. Let's see how it holds up!

This fragrance was sent to me for free, but it wasn't sent for me to review, but I decided to do it anyway.


Presentation

The bottle is the same as the other Babylon fragrances I have reviewed. A black bottle with a black and gold label. A standard plastic gold cap and a pretty decent atomizer.

The difference is these now come in boxes. The box it comes in is black, with the fragrance house on the front and their insignia on it. Perfume extract and the bottle size can also be seen on the front. It has a cloth tassels(for lack of a better word) that hold the box shut. The box opens like a book to reveal the fragrance snuggly nestled in a bed of faux silk, which is gold in color.

It's a simple presentation, but I like the change. It adds more to the experience of opening the fragrance. It adds a touch of luxury to it.


Notes

Top 

Cinnamon, Hony, and Osmanthus

Heart

Benzoin, Labdanum, Ambergris, and Artemisia


Base 

Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla, and Tonka Bean


The Scent

Opening


Burning Desire blasts you with a high dose of dry cinnamon and golden honey on the initial spray. It's quite potent. After around 2 minutes, you get that tart osmanthus, which mimics the apple smell that many people get in this fragrance. If you mix it with the creamy vanilla, then it completes that image, at least to me


Dry Down

As the heart notes come out you start to get a bit of woody patchouli and the benzoin which acts to sweeten up the vanilla. Roasted tonka makes its presence known with its toasted vanilla vibe. That helps this fragrance have that "baked" vibe that some people describe.


Performance

Burning Desire is a perfume extract(which is another way to say it's an extrait). So, in other words, this is a long-lasting fragrance. I get around 10 hours with about 3 of those being at least arm's length projection. A very solid performer. No complaints there at all.

When to Wear it

This is a wonderful date night fragrance, like most gourmands are. However, the spiciness allows you to wear this one with a suit as well. So, I think it's quite diverse, from casual to formal. I wouldn't wear it with a tuxedo though.

It's a unisex fragrance that I could see fitting both genders of any age perfectly.


Overall Impression

It's a very solid recreation of Oajan to me. it's nearly identical to my nose. The price is better too. The upgrade in the presentation is a nice touch as well. This is one that is full bottle worthy to me, since I love the spicy gourmands. As always, test for yourself. You can get a free 1.5ml sample of this as well. I will link it below.

Babylon is making some pretty solid fragrances. I think they will be a real contender when they get a bit more variety in. People don't talk about this house much, but they make some good fragrances.


Conclusion

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Remember to be kind to everyone you meet. Until next time, smell good and make the world a better place!

Buy Burning Desire here

Get a free sample here

I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment