Monday, October 28, 2019

Happyland Studio's Newest Release: Happyland Se7en Review



Hey, folks. I am glad you could join me once again! I hope everyone is having an amazing day today! Today, I have a new release from Happyland Studio for you. This one isn't on the website yet, but E.J. is offering a few bottles in the Happyland Facebook group(I will link it at the end of this article). So, be sure to join that group. He commonly offers new releases a few days early to people in that group.

I have had this one for a few weeks and have been able to thoroughly test it. I was sent this for free from Happyland Studio. No money was exchanged and a positive review wasn't guaranteed. Let's be honest though, Happyland has yet to produce anything I dislike. I am not crazy about Blue Fire, but I still like it. I have another Happyland review coming up soon as well and that one is my favorite from the house so far. So, stay tuned! Let's get into it!


Presentation

Happyland's newest release comes in a black bottle, unlike the other that comes in a clean one. The label is black and gold with the standard mustached man with his classic fedora on the label, indicating that this is a fragrance for men.

The atomizer is gold and is the standard one that Happyland uses. It distributes a lot of juice in a somewhat wide arc.

The cap is the standard Happyland one as well. It's gold as well. It's nothing special, but it does the job.

I do think that a black atomizer and cap would look better for the bottle design, but the gold does add some contrast, so I do enjoy the presentation here. Even though it's very basic and simple. I do think the 30ml come with black ones, and the 50ml comes with gold ones. Even though mine is a 30ml and has the gold setup.

(I have no idea why there is a huge gap in the text there. I have tried moving it around and it's being strange. Sorry about that)

Notes

Citrus Notes, Mandarin Orange, Rose, Neroli, Amber, Jasmine, Benzion, Musk, and Pink Pepper


The Scent

Opening

Se7en opens up with a blast of white florals and the dried flesh of an orange. You get some powdery and clean rose in there, but the florals are blended very well and none of them stand out apart from the others very well.  There does seem to be a tad bit of tartness in the opening, so I think it might have grapefruit as well.

Dry Down
When Se7en starts to show it's mid notes, you start to get some of the pink pepper. Pink pepper is actually a berry and it's not spicy. It comes off as a cleaner floral note. It's akin to rose, so it adds to the cleanliness of the rose in this fragrance. The amber also starts showing its face. It's a dry and powdery amber that is spiced. So, this gives it a fougere feel with a bit of warm powdery spice at the base. The benzoin adds a bit of sweetness to keep it smooth and coming off as being dry.


Performance
If you have ever tried a Happyland fragrance, then you are aware that they are no slouch when it comes to performance. I get around 10 hours with this one. For two of those hours, this fragrance will project to at least an arm's length away. Then it settles into more of a skin scent.


When to Wear it
This is a very versatile fragrance. It's for the cooler months though. I would say you can wear it for any occasion when it cools down. The amber base really doesn't make it suitable for the heat.

The bit of spice and florals do make this a fragrance that you can wear on a date. You could also rock this in a suit or just roaming around town on a fall day.
This is certainly a masculine fragrance. I couldn't see a woman every wanting to wear this, but I do think women will enjoy the smell of it on a man. I did get a compliment while wearing it from a bank teller. She said it smelled "very clean".


Overall Impression
As for my tastes, this is full bottle worthy. It's not my favorite from Happyland, but it is a solid offering that is a bit unique and it still manages to be a mass pleasing fragrance. It's essentially, as E.J. said himself, a fougere with an amber base. That is exactly what it is. Instead of using dated materials like oakmoss and tonka he decided to use more modern materials like pink pepper and amber. Don't get me wrong though, this is not a barbershop style fragrance. It's not meant to be and it has none of the core ingredients featured in most barbershop style fragrance)oakmoss, tonka, and lavender). It's just a clean smelling fragrance with a bit of warm spice to it. It has some depth though.

Happyland is becoming a house that I look at when I know I would be disappointed with whatever he puts out. I don't ut all of his creations in my top 10, but I have enjoyed everything he has put out. I fully suggest that you pick up a few samples and try them out for yourself.


Conclusion
I hope everyone has a great day. Remember to say positive words to people and make the world smell better and feel better. Fragrances are an accessory, not a reason to be a jerk.

Until next time, be safe!


Happyland Facebook Group

Happyland's Website

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment