Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Why Alexandria is So Popular

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Hello there, everyone! I hope everyone is having a marvelous start to your day so far. I have been thinking lately...A lot. Probably too much if I am honest. I was thinking about how Alexandria Fragrances became so popular and why. How did Hany Hafez create a brand that has such a loyal following? Well, I am going to attempt to dissect it here. Let me preface this to say that even though I do know Hany, he did not ask me to write this. n fact, he won't even know about it until I post it. So, needless to say, these are strictly my opinions on the matter. Now, let's get into it!

Also, I will note that I am not a businessman, so take that with a grain of salt.

1. Customer Service

This is probably the thing that propelled Alexandria to the top. Good customer service is a hallmark of a good business. From speedy responses to customer inquiries to replacing bottles that were damaged in shipping. Hany and his team have made sure to always place his customers above everything else. It's a foundational understanding that has been overlooked by many companies. Alexandria nails this concept and takes it beyond the common threshold.

2. Humble Origins

If you look back at my interview with Hany(I will link it below) then you will know where Hany came from. You will know that he failed to make a few fragrance related businesses successful. He never gave up. He kept pushing until he found a formula that worked. His humble upbringing allowed him to place his customer's first and to be thankful to them. He doesn't come off like every one of his fragrances is perfect. In fact, he said he hates Luxor Summer.

3. Treating the Customers like Family

Hany has always listened to his customers. What they want and would like to see. He is always asking for feedback. He tries his best to provide the customers with what they want. From vintage formulas to high-end niche. He has even done a few designer inspirations. He is always working towards coming out with new things to make his customers happy. Which brings me to my next topic...

He commonly posts on the group and adds his input and treats everyone fairly. This is not something that many guys who are as busy as he is will do. He makes every customer feel important because he truly believes that they are important.

4. Innovation

Alexandria is always trying new things. From solid fragrances to beard oils, and the recently released shaving soaps. Alexandria is not afraid to take risks in the market. They aren't afraid to stand out, not just as a fragrance company, but a grooming company as a whole. I am still waiting for those beard oils, Hany. My beard is getting a bit dry...

5. Pricing

Some people will say, "Oh, you can get the real stuff for slightly more per ML over a clone". In some cases, this is true. However, when you add up $1 more per ML with a 60ML bottle, then you are effectively paying double. Everyone likes stuff that is half off, right?

Also, another point is that you would be supporting a small business that places their customers first over a large one who might not even respond to your emails. Just something to consider...

6. Improvement

Alexandria is constantly working towards making their products not only smell good, but to be more aesthetically pleasing. They recently changed their labels and bottles in an effort to make the brand look more serious. He seems to have even more plans for this in the future. Hany is always cookin' up something!

7. Detractors 

Alexandria and every clone company have a number of detractors. Whether that comes from sheer ignorance or just opinion is up to that individual person. I think part of what plays into this is the "mob mentality". People who just follow what others say and don't have opinions of their own. Regardless, as they say, "There is no such thing as bad publicity". So, people who constantly trash these houses only bring attention to them and bring in more sales and exposure for them.

Let me be clear, you have every right to dislike a house for any number of reasons. That is up to you and smell is subjective. However, I can't knock on houses I have never tried. That is just me though. You do you.

Conclusion

Alexandria has gone from a failed business several times to one of the most successful(if not the most) in the fragrance community. The proof is in how many people enjoy and vouch for these fragrances. It doesn't matter if you love Alexandria or dislike them, they aren't going anywhere.

Again, this is not a knock on other clone houses. I have reviewed just about every clone house. Alexandria is the one I see represented outside of their own group the most. I am a big fan of some other clones houses as well. I do have a few that I need to give a review to as well.

I hope everyone has a great day. Keep being positive and smelling amazing. I am going to start reviewing other fragrance related things soon, such as beard oil, natural soap, and other grooming products. I might even review a candle or two as well. So, stay tuned for more reviews. Hit that follow button if you enjoy my content!

Hany Hafez Interview (Fun fact: This is my most viewed post so far this year)

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram

7 comments:

  1. Great topic and great opinion! Nice John. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic and great opinion! Nice John. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read John! I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent review. You nailed exactly why the community loves this house. Pp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete