Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A Very Interesting Gourmand: Gallagher Fragrances Rose All Dae Review

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Hello, everyone! Thanks for joining me once again. I am super excited about this review! I have seen Gallagher fragrances around, but I was unable to afford them, so I never looked too much into it. My buddy Nathan Geck sent me a couple of decants of some really nice fragrances. This happened to be one of them. So, that means Gallagher Fragrances did not send me this fragrance and my opinion is not influenced by him at all. In fact, I have never even had a private message with Daniel Gallagher. Now, on to the fragrance! Let's get into it!


Notes

Apple Crisp, Golden Honey, Plum, Turkish Rose, Brown Sugar, Tonka Bean, Stainless Steel, Australian Sandalwood, Patchouli, White Musk, Labdanum, and Vanilla


The Scent
Opening
Rose All Dae opens up with some burnt brown sugar with plum and the apple crisp accord. There is also a very rich and prominent honey note. You get some patchouli in there as well, but it's not the offputting hippie kind. It's quite strange in the opening to be fair. It's very unique and can be a bit polarizing. The dry down is much better.

Dry Down
Once it dries down you still have that richly sweet honey glazing everything along with the brown sugar. You get a bit of dark and powdery rose coming out with it. You also get a slightly cold and metallic bite with it, which is the stainless steel coming out to play. However, it's a shy note and doesn't like to show it's full face. The patchouli is still very much present along with the apple crisp accord and plum. I do detect a bit of vanilla in here, at least what I think is vanilla. I also detect some slightly smoky accord. I am not sure where that is coming from, but I do get it. The honey and apple accords do create an overall boozy feel to it, but not the kind that would make others think you have been drinking.

Performance
This fragrance is pretty nuclear on my skin. Around 10-11 hours of longevity and 3-4 of projection. Keep in mind this was tested in warmer weather. Gourmands typically don't do as well when it's warm. It leaves a pretty huge sillage trail as well.

When to Wear it
This fragrance is a casual or date night fragrance. You could perhaps get away with wearing this at any time. I will have to test it more to see. This is a cooler weather fragrance. A perfect one for fall with its plum and honey notes.

Overall Impression
Okay, you folks know I don't use this term very often when talking about a fragrance. I am going to say it here. This is a masterpiece. It's very unique, seductive, and high-quality. It has the performance as well. Nothing I have smelled smells like this does. I don't know how Daniel Gallagher did it. He made a super unique fragrance that is totally wearable. A lot of artisan fragrances aren't one you would want to wear, but this one is. I am seriously blown away. That is not something that happens very often.

This fragrance is very hard to describe because it's masterfully blended and has an insane depth to it. My advice is too just try it. You can get samples from the Gallagher website or from Mark over at myfragrancesamples.com(I will link both below).

Conclusion
I want to try some more Gallagher fragrances now. I want to see what else he has created. I see this fragrance as a 10/10, so if his others are anything like this one, then I might have to save some cash. I particularly want to try Evergreen Dream since I love pine-based fragrances. I am also interested in Peaches and Campfire, Let me know in the comments if any of you have tried either of those and what you thought of them.

Everyone have a fantastic day and remember to say something positive to someone today! Don't be afraid to hit that follow button to support my work!

Buy Rose All Dae

Get a decant of Rose All Dae


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried anything from this house yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said you are getting more into rose now. I think you should check this one out

      Delete
  2. Great writeup! It’s a unique fragrance and Daniel certainly deserves props for this modern masterpiece. I never thought I’d enjoy any fragrance with a rose note, let alone one that plays with metallic accords. It’s a beautiful fragrance, regardless of weather, and has incredible longevity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the metallic nose turned me off at first. Well, knowing it had stainless steel in it, but I guess that is part of the reason I was so shocked.

      Delete
  3. OMGosh this sounds sooo good! This sounds like a perfect Fragrance for me! Awesome review as usual Mr John. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh this sounds sooo good! This sounds like a perfect Fragrance for me! Awesome review as usual Mr John. :D

    ReplyDelete