Saturday, July 20, 2019

An Underrated House: Oil Perfumery Tamarindo

Sorry for the low-quality picture!

Hello, ladies and gentleman! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. A double-header today! I am going to cover a new house that makes perfume oil roll-ons of popular fragrances. They have quite an expansive wardrobe of clones in their catalog. I was able to get 8 or 9(I think?) for under 100 bucks. The company did provide me with the gift certificate to purchase these for review, but as always, it did not impact my perspective on them. This was actually earlier this year, but I had to take my hiatus from reviewing for a bit, so I am just not getting around to reviewing them. You will see a few of them pop up for the next month or so. This one is an impression of Memo's Tamarindo. A fragrance that isn't copied much. I will preface this by saying I have never smelled the Memo version, so this review will be solely based off of my opinion on this fragrance alone. Let's get into it!

Presentation

Oil Perfumery fragrances come in small glass vial-type bottles, as most perfume oils do. The black cap screws off and is plastic. The label is basic and it black and white in color. Simple, but clean and effective. They come with plastic rollerballs, however, they send a bag with the fragrances that contain metal ones as well. They are easily swapped out if you prefer the metal over the plastic.


Notes

Pineapple, Jasmine Absolute, and Vanilla Absolute

That was taken from their website. I think there are many notes that weren't listed there, which I will go over below.


The Scent


Opening


When you first roll on Tamarindo you get a strong peach-like accord and jasmine. It's very fruity and very potent. You can also detect some orange and pineapple in there, which a slight hint of suntan like coconut. It's very pleasing and very summery. It actually makes me think of where I live. South Carolina is one of the largest peach growing places in the world.


Dry Down


I still get a strong peach vibe on the dry down. I know that peach is a note in the Memo version, so I am pretty sure it's in here as well. Most people on Fragrantica say they get a lot of pineapple in the Memo version. I do pick that up, but it's mainly a peach smell to me. There is a very slight metallicness to it. It's not like Creed SMW though, the metallicness is very subdued and adds characters to the overall blend, and a slightly fresh and cooling sensation. There is some green patchouli in there as well. This is a sweet and floral fragrance, the jasmine and what seems to be tuberose gives it the floral vibe. So, if you are opposed to white florals, this is not for you.


Performance

Tamarindo lasts around 8 hours on me with about 2 hours of projection. Considering these oil only cost 12 bucks for 10ML...That is very acceptable performance. Also, factor in how much longer an oil will last per use compared to a spray bottle, then this is a good bargain.


When to Wear it

This is a casual summer fragrance. It can work in the fall too. It's fun and fruity. It's light-hearted and not meant for formal situations or anything serious. This fragrance is unisex and can be equally enjoyed by both genders, but I do think it leans somewhat more feminine, but not so much that I wouldn't wear it. Keep in mind that I don't mind white florals.


Overall Impression

A very solid fragrance for a solid price. I wouldn't put it in my top 10 or even 20, but I quite enjoy it and think people should give this house a shot. They have impressions of many fragrances that other houses do not. So, that alone is worth checking their site out. Given their performance and that they do in fact smell quite good, albeit not always totally natural, they are a bargain. You can't expect natural quality from something that costs 12 bucks, but they don't come off as synthetic either. It's like in the middle. It's hard to explain with this one, since there are so many fruity notes in it.


Conclusion

This house is worth checking out. At least take the time to click the link below and check out all of their impressions. They have quite a few.

Have an amazing and blessed day! Stay hydrated and say something positive to someone or about someone today! You never know how much hurt or harm you can do!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram

4 comments:

  1. John!! Very cool! This is my favorite kind of reviews, getting turned on to a house I never knew about, or only knew little about. And the notes are perfect! Nice details and information. Great job John. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, you are correct about peaches and South Carolina. SC is the peach capital! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, you are correct about peaches and South Carolina. SC is the peach capital! :)

    ReplyDelete