Friday, July 12, 2019

My Favorite Tobacco Fragrances

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today! I just want to take a minute and ask that you folks pray, send good wishes to, or think about the folks in Louisiana and the surrounding area that are experiencing a hurricane. Whatever it is you do, send some good vibes their way! Another hot summer day in South Carolina has me yearning for fall and the tobacco fragrances that come with it. If you didn't know, tobacco is my favorite note, so I decided to name some of my favorites. This list is not in any sort of numerical order. I also won't list what season they are best in because tobacco is mainly a cooler weather note. Enjoy!


CK One Shock



Key Notes: Tobacco, Amber, Cardamom, and Patchouli

Situation: Casual

Performance: 6-8 hours

CK One Shock comes in a youthful bottle, but don't let that fool you. This is my favorite Calvin Klein fragrance. It's sweet tobacco with a layer of warm amber and spice underneath. Some say it comes off smelling like a cherry coke. I see why they get that, but I don't agree. This is a great casual and playful fall and winter fragrance.


Alexandria Fragrances Hafez 1984



Key Notes: Cavendish Tobacco, Saffron, Guaiac Wood, Rum, and Warm Spices

Situation: Casual or Formal

Performance: 10+ hours


Hafez 1984 is the crown jewel of Hany Hafez, the creator and owner of Alexandria fragrances. Taking on his namesake, he is very proud of this one and he has every right to be. This fragrance has depth, elegance, and performs like a beast. The tobacco, cinnamon, saffron, and guaiac wood meld to create and intoxicating aroma that will turn heads. This seriously smells like a $300 fragrance, but as most of us know, it sells for much less.


Burberry London



Key Notes: Tobacco, Cinnamon, Leather, and Incense

Situation: Formal or casual

Performance: 6-7 hours


Burberry London is often coined as the "quintessential holiday fragrance". I would agree. This is one that I always wanted to have in my collection. This fragrance has so much depth that I get different vibes from it. Sometimes it smells like port wine. Other times it smells like a Christmas tree. Some people even say it smells like wet leaves in the fall. It really is a truly amazing fragrance. Don't let the performance claims hold you ack. Try this one for yourself.


Parfums de Marly Herod

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Tobacco, Vanilla, and Cinnamon

Situations: Casual, formal, and date nights

Performance 8-9 hours


Herod is a well-known fragrance in the fragrance community. It is beloved for its sweet and alluring blend of tobacco, vanilla, and spices. It's a warm and inviting fragrance that draws people in. Like a cozy wool blanket on a cold winter's night, this one will have you feeling good.


Dolce & Gabbana The One EDT




Key Notes: Tobacco, Amber, Ginger, and Cardamom

Situations: Casual, formal, and date nights

Performance: 5-6 hours

One of the most well-known fragrance DNAs in the industry. There aren't many who dislike this one. The melange of tobacco and warm spices creates a warm and seductive accord that people just love. This one doesn't have the best performance, but it's not quite as bad as most would have you believe.


Bvlgari Man in Black



Key Notes: Tobacco, Leather, Warm Spices, and Rum

Situations: Semi-casual or formal

Performance: 8-9 hours


Man in Black is Spicebomb's older and more mature brother. It's classy, spicy and decadent. It's a great fragrance that rounds out spicebomb's more aggressive nature. It's still very potent, so go easy on the trigger. Rum-soaked pipe tobacco with spices like ginger and cinnamon make this a crowd favorite on those snowy December nights.


Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Tobacco, Vanilla, Druid Fruits, and Spices

Situations: Business-casual or formal

Performance: 8-9 hours

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille is one of the ones that comes to the front of people's mind when they think of tobacco fragrances. It's a titan in the industry and the praise is well deserved. The richness and complexity of this fragrance are spectacular. Sweet vanilla, realistic tobacco, and spices. I do like Herod more than this one for what it is, but this one doesn't smell like Herod at all. It has much more class, but that makes it less wearable than Herod. So, for that reason, I do enjoy Herod more. This is still an excellent fragrance, even though I do think it is overpriced.


Conclusion

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Remember to spread positive vibes! Keep smelling great and being great! I have a lot of new content coming up, along with some fragrance history posts! Don't be shy to hit that follow button to support me!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram



3 comments:

  1. Really nice picks John! I've always wanted to try Man in Black but never have. I really love reading your thoughts and experiences with each of the fragrances your review. I like reading your "blog" more than listening to any YouTube reviewer. Your Reviews are more personable somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daniel. I really do appreciate that. Comments like that help me keep pushing on.

      Delete
  2. Really nice picks John! I've always wanted to try Man in Black but never have. I really love reading your thoughts and experiences with each of the fragrances your review. I like reading your "blog" more than listening to any YouTube reviewer. Your Reviews are more personable somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete