Monday, July 1, 2019

A Summer Fragrance with Leather: Mancera Aoud Blue Notes Review

Aoud Blue Notes Mancera for women and men
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Hey, everyone! I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer day today. It has been pretty hot here lately, so I have a fragrance that will cool you down. Mancera Aoud Blue Notes is a fruity, woody, and leather fragrance. Yes, leather that works in the high heat. It's quite a rare thing in the summer. Let's get into it!


Notes

Top


Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Fruity Notes, Green Notes

Mid

Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Orris Root, Violet, Patchouli

Base

Leather, Amber, Guaiac Wood, Sandalwood, Vanilla


The Scent

Opening


The opening has a lot of fruitiness going on. Judging by the notes, it's a melange of them. Some sparkling citruses with some berry-like fruits, accented by some soft powdery florals to bring the sweetness of this fragrance to life. I cannot detect every fruit in this fragrance since there are so many, but it's quite a beautiful and refreshing combo. I don't detect much greenness, only a very slight nuance of it. The fruits are certainly overpowering to my nose.

Dry Down

During the dry down, the leather and woods start to emerge. It's not a potent dosage of it, but you can pick it up. The leather is quite soft and unabrasive. The main players here are still the fruits and florals. It remains true to its blue name, with the florals adding that bit of depth needed to keep this out of the same genre of fragrances like Sospiro Erba Pura. One thing to keep in mind, like most of Mancera's offerings...This one is not natural smelling. It smells very synthetic, but that is not a bad thing. I still enjoy it.

Performance

I get excellent performance from Aoud Blue Notes. Clocking in at around 9-10 hours of longevity with 3-4 of projection. This one is pretty sweet, so it can be easy to go anosmic to. It's still there though. I have received a compliment with this one at the bank.


When to Wear it

This fragrance is for the spring and summer. It could be used in the cooler months, but I imagine that it won't hold up well for that. Despite being a leather fragrance, this is a daytime one. It's way too bright and cheerful for the nighttime. This is also very casual, despite its powdery clean vibe.


Overall Impression

A very solid, albeit synthetic fragrance. It's "blue" to its core. It's a great pick up if you are a fan of Mancera's other offerings like Cedrat Boise. However, there are other fragrances that do this genre better and with higher quality. So, I would say only get this if you are a big Mancera fan and love leather as well. Other than that, I would suggest trying Aoud Lemon Mint over this.


Conclusion

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Be safe, blessed, and say encouraging things to people! Until next time, keep smelling fantastic!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram! (I have a new charger coming in sometime this week and I should be posting on IG more once I can reliably charge my phone)

3 comments:

  1. I've only experienced one Mancera, which was Cedrat. This one actually sounds better to me. I really love their presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's better than CB, but it's still good.

      Delete
  2. I've only experienced one Mancera, which was Cedrat. This one actually sounds better to me. I really love their presentation!

    ReplyDelete