Saturday, July 20, 2019

A Lovely Gourmand: Happyland Signature Review

Photo Credit: www.happylandfragrances.com

Hey, folks! I hope everyone is having a fantastic and blessed day today! I also hope everyone is keeping cool in this heat. Man, it is hot. So, this is my first review on Happyland Studio. It's a new fragrance company that is run by E.J. Wells. Most of his fragrances are original creations that he personally creates from scratch.  He also is the guy behind the solid fragrances that Alexandria makes. He currently has 6 fragrances in his lineup. 4 of these are original. Je Suis une Femme is a clone of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle EDP and Plum Loco isn't a clone, but an alternate take on Tom Ford's Plum Japonais(at least to my nose). He did send me all 6 of his current lineup for review, besides Je Suis Une Femme, which I already reviewed as a solid. It did not influence my review of this product at all. The one I will be reviewing first was my favorite of the ones I was sent, Happyland Signature. I am very excited to talk to you folks about this one! Let's get into it!

Also, sorry for using the stock photo. My new phone has a horrible camera!


So, it's not the best quality camera. Maybe I can find a workaround for it soon!

Presentation

Happyland fragrances only currently come in one size, 50ML. The bottle is a vertical rectangle shape with a nice retro feeling label that has all of the details on it. One thing to note about these labels is that you can tell the gender it was made for on them. As you see there is a gentleman with a mustache for the male ones, a resto looking female on the female ones, and a male and female gender symbol for the unisex ones. A cool touch if you ask me. The cap is a standard gold plastic cap. It works, but it's nothing special. However, the atomizers are very good. They spray quite a bit of juice out. I was actually surprised as to how good the atomizers are. Also, don't pick them up from the cap. They will slide off.


Notes

Tobacco, Honey, Apple Pie, and Blueberries



The Scent

Opening


This fragrance opens with a blast of tobacco and honey. The honey is sweet and mild-mannered. The tobacco is rich and dark, sort of like the tobacco in Hafez 1984, but with a sweeter edge to it. That makes it fit this composition perfectly and aids in the effort to keep it masculine. I am also picking up some cinnamon in there, which I assume is from the apple pie accord. It almost gives off a boozy vibe at the top before it settles down.


Dry Down

This fragrance dried down to a sweet fragrance, which you probably already guessed from the notes. The apple comes into play during this stage and makes it give off that cozy and warm fall feeling. Man, apples just make me look forward to fall. I never did detect any blueberries in here, but perhaps they are used as a sweetness booster for the honey. I never detected any kind of crusty accord from the apple pie either, but perhaps that was not intended. The tobacco is certainly more potent and the central part of the fragrance in the dry down, aided by the sweetness of honey and a bit of dry cinnamon. The base seems to have some sort of wood in it as well, so I will assume that it's sandalwood, even though I didn't see it listed.

Performance

One thing I can say about all of the Happyland fragrances I have tested is this, they perform very well. This one is no exception.  I get around 9 hours of longevity and 3 of projection. Do keep in mind that it's 92 degrees here today and this fragrance is better suited for cooler weather, so my testing might be somewhat off as to how it would fare in the cooler weather.

When to Wear it

This is a fall fragrance, through and through. This fragrance reminds me of fall in Maine growing up. It is perfectly suited for winter as well. It just makes me think of fall more. This would fit a nice date night or casual wear. It doesn't have the class to be formal, but I think this would be perfect to wear for Thanksgiving.

Overall Impression

At 1 USD per ML, this is a quality fragrance. 50 bucks for 50ML for something that you can tell E.J. put his heart into. I wouldn't say to blind buy this, because I rarely suggest that for anything. However, if you love tobacco and gourmands, then this would be a safe blind buy. It's not something that is too niche or artistic. It is certainly wearable and will most likely be pleasant and draw compliments. I didn't get any during my testing, but like I said, it's been in the mid-90s here. I am sure this one will draw compliments when it cools down. 

This is certainly one I think folks should check out. I certainly will rock this one in the fall quite often. I don't just say that either. If you look at my bottles that I have reviewed, I actually wear these fragrances that I enjoy. Happyland does offer sample packs on their website, so I encourage you to give this house a shot. I think you will be quite impressed with what you can get for 50 bucks.

Conclusion

Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone stays cool and keeps smelling amazing. DOn't be shy to hit that follow button. Every little bit helps! Also. remember to stay hydrated. Sorry, that is the Army in me that reminds people to do that :). Don't forget to say something positive to someone or about them today. Let's make the world smell better and spread kindness. Until next time, be blessed.

Buy Happyland Signature here(It also sold in solid form if you prefer that)

Buy a sample pack here


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I've started hearing good things about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sampled this one today, and was amazed at how good it was! Definitely bottle worthy for me.

    ReplyDelete