Friday, July 5, 2019

A Class Above: Guerlain l'Homme Ideal Cologne Review

L’Homme Ideal Cologne Guerlain for men
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman! I hope everyone had a safe and joyous holiday yesterday. The fragrance I am going to cover today is one I have spoken of in the past, at least in the Facebook community. It has been popping up a bit lately, so I figured I would review it fully now. This is Guerlain's l'Homme Ideal Cologne and I will spoiler it for you here...I love it. Let's get into it!


Notes

Top

Grapefruit, Orange, Pink Pepper, Bergamot


Mid

Almond, Neroli


Base

Vetiver, Musk


The Scent

Opening

This fragrance opens up with a burst of fresh and naturally sparkling citruses including grapefruit, orange, and bergamot. The grapefruit isn't overly sour, it's a juicier version of it. The bergamot and orange are clean and fresh. It also comes with a healthy dose of nutty almond, the same type that is found in the entire Ideal line. It makes it quite unique and different than other fresh fragrances on the market. It also gives it an aura of sophistication.


Dry Down

The aforementioned ingredients come together to mold a cacophony of citrus and almond with a bit of clean vetiver and musk. Some clean neroli is also faintly recognizable. It's not the soapy kind though, it's more clean and floral. It really has a beautiful and pleasant dry down.


Performance

The downfall of this fragrance is the performance. I get around 6-7 hours with around an hour and a half of projection. It's still a very high-quality fragrance, like most Guerlains are. It's still average performance-wise. Considering you can pick up 60ml for around 20 bucks now...That is bad at all.


Overall Impression

As I said previously, I love this juice. It's unique, but still extremely wearable and well rounded. Guerlain is one of my favorite fragrance companies. I haven't found a Guerlain that I don't like yet. I am gonna try to get my hands on the new Ideal Cool flanker that just came out as well. I love how creative this whole line is with the genius of using the almond note to make them unique, but lovable.


Conclusion

A solid pick-up that you can get on Fragrancenet, but it's also been showing up at Marshalls and TJ Maxx lately as well. Some say it has been discontinued, but I haven't seen anything official on that yet. If so, get your hands on it.  This one will be worth a lot in a few years.

Have an amazing day, everyone! Thank you for joining me once again. Remember to say kind words to people today. Also, don't be shy to hit that follow button if you like my content. It really helps out!

Buy it on Fragrancenet here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment