Monday, August 26, 2019

A Romantic Night in Venice: Fragrenza Venice Seduction Review(An Original Creation)

Source: www.fragrenza.com

Good morning! I am glad that you could join me once again. Thanks so much for the support! This article is going to be about another Fragrenza fragrance, Venice Seduction. Fragrenza is a clone house, but this one is an original creation. I will go ahead and spoil it for you, Fragrenzas original creations are some of the best I have smelled among the clones houses. I was sent this fragrance for review, but I was not paid or influenced to review it positively in any way. I decided to not take pictures of the box like I said because he is changing the boxes. I will show you a picture of them below. Let's get into it!

Credit: Somia Hamad

Notes

Top


Cardamom and Dried Fruits

Heart

Night Blooming Tuberose, Saffron Flower, Tobacco Flower

Base

Patchouli Leaves


The Scent

Opening


Venice Seduction opens up with a slight licorice vibe, but quickly settles into something more palatable to my nose. I hate licorice, so it turned me off at first, so I am glad it changed so quickly. You get some very sweet dried fruits, which the only one I can detect with certainty is apricot. The cardamom is very sweet and somewhat spicy.  This sweetness persists throughout the entire life of the fragrance.

Dry Down

The fragrance morphs into something more masculine in this phase. The saffron is a bit sweet with a leathery nuance to it, as most saffron has. It adds a masculine layer on what would be a very sweet fragrance. The tobacco also adds that layer to it by bringing a sweet, but somewhat pungent aura to it. The patchouli is dry and woody, even though it says it's the leaves. Maybe that is what smells like that when most fragrances say patchouli and have that dry vibe to them? I am not sure. The tuberose comes off as a bit dark and creamy, adding a gourmandish facet to it.

Performance

Venice Seduction is a decent performer. I get around 9 hours with 2 hours of projection. A nice sillage bubble lasts for about 5 hours, but you can still get random whiffs of it after that. It's very sweet, so it's easy to go anosmic to this one. It's like BR540...it comes and goes, but you know it's still there.

When to Wear it

Venice Seduction is named aptly. It is a great option for a date night fragrance. Women will love the sweetness in this one. It could also be worn casually, but I would wear it formally, it's a bit too playful for that.

Some reviews say this is a woman's fragrance. I wholeheartedly disagree. The patchouli, tobacco, and saffron define this as more masculine to me. Some women could pull this off, I guess, but it's a man's fragrance to me.

Overall Impression

Venice Seduction is a sample of how great this house can be. I know I say there are a lot of upcoming houses, but Fragrenza is really doing something special with their originals.  The perfumer clearly shows an understanding of how to balance compositions and use dry and sweet notes together to keep a sweet fragrance masculine. I am anxious to try some of his more fresh fragrances as well. I am also curious to see what he does with some old school masculine bombs. I think I saw Platinum Egoiste on their site.

People who think Fragrenza is "just another clone house" are really going to be missing out. Especially on the originals. The perfumer told me that he thinks he has some of the best originals on the market. I have tried two of them and they are both masterfully blended and you can feel his passion for his art in them with the simple nuances that round them out. The only downside is that they do not have samples yet, so you have to blind buy. I am sure they will start offering samples soon.

Conclusion

I would encourage you to check out Fragrenza. They actually have unique bottles and use crimped atomizers, which show that they don't want them to look like decants. There is nothing wrong with using decant style bottles, but I think Fragrenza just went to extra mile to improve customer satisfaction. They are constantly looking to improve their products and presentation. They mean business.


Buy Venice Seduction here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram


2 comments:

  1. Currently this my Holiday Signature Scent. It is a true love, smells like Christmas in a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate you stopping by. Fragrenza has a really solid line of originals.

      Delete