Friday, August 16, 2019

My 10 Most Masculine Fragrances

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hello, ladies and gentleman! Welcome back! I am glad that you decided to come pay me a visit once again. I appreciate all of the support from both the newcomers and the people who read every article I write. It really means the world to me. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today! Remember, if you like this content then be sure to leave me a comment and let me know. You can also sign up for email updates and follow my blog. Any bit of support helps and it is very much appreciated.

Today I will be covering the fragrances that I think are the most masculine in my collection. I know fragrances don't have a gender. Some fragrances make you think, "Wow, that smells manly". These are the ones I will be covering. Some of these are because of my scent memories and some of them are just my thoughts. It's all my subjective opinion. Regardless, you won't find any sweet bubblegum fragrances or shower gel fragrances on here.

This is not a top 10 list, so these are in no numerical order.

I used a masculine rating out of 10 for each fragrance.

I hope you enjoy it! Let's get into it!


10. Coty Stetson


Main Notes: Honey, lavender, carnation, and musk

Masculine Rating: 8

Coty Stetson is the "American cowboy fragrance". You don't get much more masculine than this. A somewhat dirty floral musky fragrance. It's not for everyone. I wear this one sometimes, even with all of the niche I have. I worked on a farm when I was younger and the guy I worked for wore this fragrance religiously, so it has sentimental value because he passed away a little over a year ago. Good memories of a good man and this will forever be a real man's fragrance to me.


9. Happyland Barbershop


Main Notes: Lavender, musk, leather, and ambroxan

Masculine rating: 7

Happyland Studio is a new house owned by E.J. Wells and he makes a lot of masculine fragrances. I had to decide whether to put this or Cuir Cafe on here. This one won out. A modern and clean barbershop fragrance that is super versatile and super manly. Soapiness with a bit of clean, but a tad bit rugged leather. This one will be a classic in the future.



8. Azzaro Pour Homme


Main Notes: Lavender, oakmoss, tonka bean, leather, and anise

Masculine Rating: 7

Azzaro Pour Homme is a classic barbershop fragrance that was released in 1978. The old barbershop DNA of dry oakmoss, powdery lavender, and hay-like coumarin(tonka bean) is very much evident in this one. One of the most mentioned mention barbershop fragrances for a reason. It's classic, manly, and timeless. This is what a family man wears.


7. Guerlain Vetiver
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Vetiver, citruses, oakmoss, black pepper, and tobacco

Masculine Rating: 8

Guerlain Vetiver is one of the best fragrances to come out in the last 60 years. Originally released in 1961 and rereleased in 2000. This is my 2nd favorite fragrance of all-time, behind Green Irish Tweed. A gentleman's fragrance. It's clean, soapy, and a bit spicy. An absolute masterpiece. There is a reason that this fragrance is the metric to what every vetiver fragrance is compared to now.


6. Alexandria Fragrances Italian Forest
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Main Notes: Cypress, woody notes, and basil

Masculine Rating: 9

Italian Forest is an inspiration of Tom Ford's Italian Cypress. In the vein of Ralph Lauren's Polo Green, but not a clone of it. This fragrance smells like a forest full of fir trees. A very ruggedly masculine fragrance. Think of a classic lumberjack in a red and black flannel chopping trees down in a forest. That is what you get with this decidedly manly fragrance.


5. Bentley for Men Intense



Main Notes: Rum, leather, incense, and woody notes

Masculine Rating: 9

This powerhouse of a fragrance boasts strong rum and leather notes accented by incense and woods. A very potent elixir that fills a whole room. This is for the man who wants to be noticed and is in charge. This is not for the faint of heart. Only confident men should apply this juice.


4. Old Spice


Main Notes: Cinnamon, carnation, nutmeg, and anise

Masculine Rating: 10

Yes, Old Spice is a mere shell of what it once was, but the DNA of Old Spice is no doubt manly and brings back many memories. Many people think of their fathers and grandfathers with this one. A spicy concoction of clean machoness. This one is no doubt, a memory of men in itself. It deserves its 10 rating.


3. Givenchy Gentleman EDP

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Vanilla, tolu balsam, orris root, and patchouli

Masculine Rating: 6

This somewhat sweet fragrance that bears resemblance to Dior Homme Intense. I might break some hearts here, but I think Givenchy Gentleman EDP is manlier and better than DHI. It's for the modern man who rocks a suit, but has traditional values. One of my favorite designer fragrances and the best release of 2017.


2. Memo Irish Leather
Source: www.fragrantica.com
Main Notes: Leather, juniper, and mate

Masculine Rating: 8

Irish leather is a leather fragrance with plenty of green mate in it. A bit of sweet juniper berries and clary sage add to the composition. A very well blended fragrance. it's labeled as unisex, but I think it's masculine. I couldn't see a woman wearing this. This smells like a man from the country.


1. Houbigant Fougere Royale
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Main Notes: Carnation, green notes, oakmoss, clary sage, and lavender

Masculine Rating: 8

Fougere Royale is the fragrance that started to fougere revolution, sort of. Released in 1882, then rereleased in 2010, this classic fougere smells good enough to be worn today with confidence that no one will call you grandpa. A clean and masculine aromatic that portrays a somewhat barbershop vibe. You will never be told that you smell like a woman with this floral based fragrance for men.


Conclusion

There are my picks for the most masculine fragrances. Keep in mind these are all from my collection. There are other super masculine fragrances, such as Kouros, but I don't own them. I hope you enjoyed this one.

Spread positive vibes and encouraging words. Until next time, keep smelling amazing and showing the world kindness!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I think mine would be Dior Fahrenheit, Tom Ford Tobacco Oud and TF Patchouli Absolu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are certainly masculine. I have Tobacco Oud, but the sweetness makes it appeal less masculine than the ones I chose.

      Delete
  2. Yep! Definitely masculine powerhouses! I'm so glad you put Old Spice here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Definitely masculine powerhouses! I'm so glad you put Old Spice here. :)

    ReplyDelete