Friday, August 2, 2019

An Affordable Sublime Vanille: Babylon Vanilla Review

Source: www.babylonfragrances.com

Hey, ladies and gentleman! Welcome back! I am glad that you decided to join me once again for another fragrance review. I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today. Today I will be covering another one from Babylon Fragrances. They did just release a few originals a while back, but this is not one of them. This is Vanilla, their impression of Creed's Sublime Vanille. I was sent a free sample for review, which in no way impacts my perception or opinion of this fragrance. I was also not paid to do this. Let's get into it!


A note about the company: The offer you a free sample if you go to their site and ask for one. I would highly suggest that you do this to try this house out. Click here to get a free sample


Notes


Bourbon Vanilla, Vanilla Orchid, Tonka Bean, Musk, Bergamot, Lemon


The Scent

Opening


Vanilla opens up with a blast of creamy vanilla and lemon. The vanilla bourbon is sweet, rich, and creamy. The lemon acts as a supporting actor to give is a cupcake type vibe. This is a gourmand vanilla fragrance, there are no two ways about it.

Dry Down

This is where it becomes even more cake-like. The vanilla orchid comes into play. With a slightly floral nuance, but smelling strong of spicy vanilla. Which makes me think it is the Twinkle Fragrance Fantasy type, which is a species of orchid that smells strongly of vanilla. The tonka bean is also apparent with its strong vanillic and somewhat bittersweet almond vibe. There is only a faint hint of the bergamot in this stage, but the gourmand lemon is still very apparent as the second most dominant note in this fragrance. I don't detect much musk either, but I will assume it's used as a clean base to boost the longevity of the fragrance.

Overall, this fragrance smells like a vanilla cupcake. I have not smelled Sublime Vanille, but judging by the reviews I saw on it, this smells like what people have described.


Performance

Vanilla is a very light fragrance. It only projects for about an hour to an hour and a half. That projection is only about 3 feet before it settles into more of a soft scent that only projects for around 6 inches. That stage goes on for about 2 more hours before it dies down to a skin scent for the remainder of its life. However, you can still good a good waft of it while you are moving around. It only has a very small sillage trail, but people can notice it. The longevity is quite impressive, being that this fragrance is rather soft. I received over 12 hours of longevity from it.


When to Wear it

Even though this is a soft fragrance, the multiple vanillic facets do make it sweet. So, this is a colder weather fragrance. It would be a great date night fragrance, especially for times when you don't want something too loud to scare your date off, like for a first date. Vanilla is known as an aphrodisiac, so it always works for dates if you are looking to attract the opposite gender. I do enjoy wearing this to bed too. It's very soothing and relaxing, but it does make you want a midnight snack sometimes.

This fragrance is casual or slightly dressed up. Even though the scent character is rich, I don't see a man wearing this formally, even though it does smell like a wedding cake as well. A woman might be able to get away with wearing this formally. I do think it leans more feminine to me, but a man can certainly wear it. I wear it and enjoy it. So, rock it whenever and however you'd like. THis is just my opinion.


Overall Impression

My overall impression is this is a great fragrance for what it is. I would willingly pay 60 bucks for it. If you are a fan of vanilla heavy fragrances, then I would say this would be a safe blind buy. If you only sometimes like vanilla, then certainly sample this one first. Just don't expect a beat mode fragrance with this one and you will be pleasantly surprised.

I enjoy smelling like cake and I love vanilla in fragrances, so this one hit the mark for me on all cylinders. Except that I wish it projected a little more, but I don't hold it against the fragrance because I believe not every fragrance needs to be beast mode to be charming.


Conclusion

Reviewing and smelling this fragrance made me want to go bake some cupcakes, so I will stop talking now and let you folks imagine it. Have a great day and don't forget to spread positive vibes to everyone you meet!

If you enjoyed my content, then don't be afraid to comment or follow me. I don't think Blogger alerts you when I reply to your comments, so you might have to check back to see if I replied to your comment.

Purchase Vanilla here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment