Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Oil Perfumery House Review

Source: Oil Perfumery
Hey, ladies and gentleman! I am going to do another doubleheader today. This is one that I have been meaning to do for a while, but I have been so swamped with things, plus real-life issues. I apologize for being so late to put this out.  It did take me a bit to properly test them though. I did a solo review of Oil Perfumery Tamarindo, but this will be a short review of each of the fragrances that I received from them. They did send me these for free, but I was not paid and all opinions are my own. Let's get into it!

All of these fragrances come with plastic rollerballs. However, Oil Perfumery also sends you metal ones to change them out if you'd like.

Note: Sorry for the bad quality pictures...My new phone stinks.


Aventus


Oil Perfumery nailed this one to me. Like most of you, I have smelled Aventus and many of its clones. This is honestly the best clone I have come across of it. This is certainly a more fruity batch. They nailed the melange of fruits in the opening with not only the pineapple, but also the bergamot. Very few clones can copy that vibrant bergamot opening in AVentus, so hats off to them for pulling this off.

It dries down with a bit of the smoky birch and the melange of fruits that Aventus has. I get around 8 hours on my skin with this, which I am quite impressed with for the prices they sell these at ($12-$19). I don't hype stuff, but I am saying that you should check this one out. I think you will be impressed as I was if you loved Aventus.


Jardin d'Amalfi


A clone of the very pricey Creed Royal Exclusives line, this one wins on price point alone. The juicy mandarin orange coupled with soft florals and bright bergamot. It's a really pleasant fragrance that does transport you to a shaded garden in Italy. It's not the most masculine fragrance ever, but I still enjoy it. I haven't smelled the Creed version recently enough to do a direct comparison, but I can say it is certainly similar to what I remember.



Pure White Cologne



A little known fact is that this is one of my favorite Creeds. It's just way out of my price range for what it is. So, a clone of this one just makes sense. Not many companies have done this one. Only DUA and Alexandria(coming soon). I think this is another one that they nailed. It's a bit more synthetic than the Creed one, but given the price difference, that is a given. It captures that unsliced pear, along with the tangy and zesty grapefruit opening with the lemon and clean powdery notes from the rice powder. Rice powder is a pretty strange thing to use in perfumery, but they nailed this one too. The dry down incorporates some clean and slightly sweet musk to round out the composition.

Pure White is fresh, elegant, and clean. Many people claim Pure White leans feminine, but I respectfully disagree. It's very much a unisex fragrance.


Lime Basil & Mandarin




Lime Basil and Mandarin by Jo Malone is an excellent fragrance, like most of Jo Malone's offerings. However, they are cologne concentrations, so people are left longing for performance. This fragrance fixes that problem. Not many companies want to tackle Jo Malone, but Oil Perfumery has a few from her line. I get around 7 hours from this one.

This fragrance is just as the name implies. Freshly cut lime with some peppery and green basil alongside a juicy helping of mandarin orange. It legitimately smells like a Mediterranean kitchen. As some of you might know, I follow a Mediterranean diet, so this fragrance is very appealing to me.



Erolfa



I haven't smelled Creed Erolfa, so this is based on this fragrance alone. This fragrance opens up with a blast of freshly sliced lime and vibrant bergamot accented by some sweet and salty ambergris. After that, the watery melon note starts coming out and adding uniqueness to this blend.

When the heart notes come out you get an herbal vibe added to the summery freshness of this fragrance. Ginger and perhaps basil are in the heart of this fragrance.

A very nice fragrance. Great for a casual summer's day. An easy dumb reach for the summer.


Acqua di Gio Profumo



This is the only one that I think didn't capture the inspiration as well as the others, The bergamot in this one is a bit dull and watered down compared to the Armani. The incense doesn't smell as profound either. This isn't a bad fragrance, but it doesn't capture the magic of the Armani as well as I would have hoped. The performance isn't as good either. I get around 6 hours with this one, which is fine, but not nearly on the level of the orginal.


The next two I don't have pictures for. I apologize for that. All of the bottles look the same.


Sunshine Man

This Amouage impression opens up with orange brandy with soapy, powdery lavender. The vanilla adds a creaminess to the brandy note. The heart notes come on pretty quickly in this one. It smells like it has clary sage and what appear to be dried juniper berry leaves. I have no idea what dried juniper berry leaves smell like, but I imagine that they smell like what I am getting in here. It smells like a herbal field in the country on a summer day. It's quite pleasant and unique. It's not my favorite that I received from them, but it's something I will wear every now and then.


Beach Hut Man

Beach Hut Man opens up with some freshly picked cooling mint leaves. I get a lot of spicy ivy in this one too. The vetiver note is green, but not overly soapy. The oakmoss is modern and green, not the dry sort from old school fougeres. Overall, this fragrance is an aromatic green one. It's very nice and safe.

I am not sure why the original from Amouage is called Beach Hut because this doesn't make me think of a beach hut. It makes me think more of a cottage sitting on a rocky cliff by a beach with ivy growing on it. So, perhaps maybe they meant "Beach Cottage" and it simply didn't roll off of the tongue as well? I don't know. It's a nice fragrance regardless.


Conclusion

My overall verdict is that Oil Perfumery is a great house that deserves more love. They have tons of options that no one else has cloned. Thir selection is simply amazing. I enjoyed 8 out of 9 of them, which is a pretty good record. Aventus and Pure White are my favorites from them, so if you end up doing an order from them, I highly suggest checking those two out. At only $12-$19 for 10ML of oil, that is a steal. 10ML of pure perfume oil will last you a long time.


Thanks for stopping by once again! Keep spreading positive vibes! Feel free to hit that follow button or to sign up for email notifications. Also, feel free to add me on Facebook if you would like to talk about fragrances!

Oil Perfumery Website

My Facebook


Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram





No comments:

Post a Comment