Sunday, September 1, 2019

5 Recent Alexandrias to Try

Credit: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Hey, folks! I hope everyone is doing well today. I recently received a few new Alexandria fragrances and I picked out 5 that I think you should check out. Hany did send these to me for free, but it in no way impacted my views on these fragrances and he didn't ask me to review them. I just wanted to share with you folks what I thought. Some of these have been out for a little while, but they don't get much love. These are in numerical order according to which ones I liked the most! The performance rating is out of 10. A 10 means it lasts over 10+ hours and a 4 meaning it lasts 4 hours. Let's get into it!


Note: These are my favorites according to my most recent acquisitions, not my overall favorites from Alexandria.


5. Egyptian Seduction

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Key Notes: Sweet aged oud, jasmine, musk, and rose

Weather: Cooler

Performance: 10

Gender: Masculine


Clone of: This is an original creation


This one opens up with a very sweet and smoky oud with some florals in it and a bit of spice. The oud is of a barnyard variety and smells a lot like sweet hay on the dry down. This is a masculine fragrance through and through. I personally love the smoky hay vibes with a touch of florals and spice. The musk is a bit dirty and shines in this fragrance. It has a somewhat fainty minty vibe to it as well. I am not sure what causes that, but regardless...This is a great fragrance, but it's very polarizing and not ever everyone.


4. Italian Forest
Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Key Notes: Cypress, woodsy notes, and basil

Weather: Cooler

Performance: 8

Gender: Masculine

Clone of: Tom Ford Italian Cypress

This one has a slight similarity to Polo Green, but it has more depth and cypress in it(At least from what I can remember the last time I smelled Polo Green, which has been a while). A manly woodsman smells. This would be perfect with a red checked flannel shirt, jeans, and boots. I seriously need a full bottle of this stuff. I am a fan of some of the old masculine bombs and this is right up my alley.


3. Old Story

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Key Notes: Neroli, petitgrain, lavender, jasmine, rosemary, and vetiver

Weather: Any, but more suited towards warmer

Performance: 9

Gender: Masculine

Clone of: Chanel Egoiste Platinum

This is one of the most slept-on gems in the Alexandria lineup. I guess a lot of people prefer more modern stuff though. This one smells like shaving cream to me. It has a certain citric brightness from the petitgrain, but overall it's a clean smell. A very classic fragrance that will never be out of place anywhere.


2. 1981X

Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com
Key Notes: Tonka bean, honey, tobacco, and vanilla

Weather: Cold

Performance: 10

Gender: Masculine

Clone of: Xerjoff Naxos

This one is a sweet and intriguing masculine bomb. Honeyed tobacco with a bit of sweet vanilla that is also slightly powdery. A bit of cinnamon and jasmine in the dry down as well. A spectacularly blended fragrance. This is a crowd-pleaser for sure. There is no question as to why this one gets talked about a lot. I wasn't a fan at first, but then I spent some time with it and it's really a well-blended and potent fragrance.


1. Moonstruck


Source: www.alexandriafragrances.com

Key Notes: Vanilla, cardamom, Peru balsam, cinnamon, and ambergris

Weather: Cold

Performance: 10

Gender: Unisex

Clone of: Atelier des Oros Lune Feline

A sweet and resinous vanilla fragrance with amber and some sweet and spicy cardamom. I will be honest with you guys, I have smelled a lot of vanilla fragrances and this is quite possibly my favorite. It has such depth and a warm vanillic aura that just brings you in and wants you to take it all in. Simply beautiful. This isn't a soft vanilla scent like Sublime Vanille, this is a potent powerhouse that will project for close to 4 hours. If you love vanilla fragrances, then this is one I highly suggest picking up a sample of.


Conclusion

I hope everyone enjoyed my take on these fragrances. I will do a full review on them a little bit later. I was just excited to share a few that I loved with you, so I decided to do a quit post about them instead of delaying it to review each one individually.

Have an awesome day and keep spreading positive vibes throughout the fragrance community! You never know who you could help!

Feel free to hit that follow button and comment if you enjoyed this article.


Alexandria's Website

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment