Tuesday, September 3, 2019

My Top 10 Favorite Fragrances of All-Time

Source: www.pixabay.com

Good afternoon, ladies and gentleman! I hope today is treating you well. I also hope all of my readers on the southeast coast are staying safe from Hurricane Dorian. I am glad that each and every one of you could join me again. Your support and views are very appreciated and it helps me stay motivated to keep creating content.

Today, I will be covering my favorite fragrances of all-time. Some of you know some of these since I have spoken about them before. This is the complete list of my 10 most favorite fragrances. Honestly, I have over 200 fragrances including bottles and decants. This was a very tough list to make. This list goes on smell alone, price was not factored in, nor were clones. Performance is guaged in hours, so 10 means it lasts 10 hours or more and a 4 means it last 4 hours. Let's get into it!


Honorable Mention: Gallagher Fragrances Carpe Cafe

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Coffee, vanilla, cypress, and myrrh

Performance: 8+ hours

Weather: Cool to cold

Note: The best coffee fragrance on the market


I have tried two Gallagher fragrances and they were both outstanding. Another one made it onto this list, but I have to include this one as well. Sadly, this one is discontinued.

This fragrance smells like you woke up on Christmas Day and brewed a nice dark coffee and put a bit of vanilla in it and decide to drink it next to a Christmas tree. Daniel Gallagher is a genius. At first I wasn't a huge fan of it, until I started wearing it more. Goodness, this one has such depth and subtle nuances that were made by a passionate and caring perfumer. It's somewhat linear in its approach, but it also has a real depth in the notes.

Daniel, if you happen to read this, please bring it back if you can. I know sometimes ingredients are hard to come by, but this is such an amazing fragrance and I am sad to see it go. I might cry when my 10ml runs out.


10. Happyland Barbershop




Key Notes: Lavender, bitter orange, leather, musk, pepper, and ambroxan

Performance: 10

Weather: Any

Note: A modern barbershop from an underrated indie house


"Wait, John!? You said Signature was yoru favorite from Happyland! Why is Barbershop on this list instead?"

Well, let me explain. Barbershop has become one of my favorite dumb reaches in my arsenal. It fits any situation you can think of. Signature is an amazing fragrance too, but I have become very fond of Barbershop. A soapy clean masculine bomb with a bit of leather. You just can't go wrong. I will say it again, this is a future classic.


9. Houbigant Fougere Royale


Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Lavender, geranium, green notes, oakmoss, and clary sage

Performance: 8

Weather: Any

Note: The fougere to rule them all


Houbigant started the fougere trend with this fragrance. An amazing floral fragrance with green notes and herbaceous elements that still seems aptly placed in today's modern world and stands out as masculine against the sickly sweet gourmands Ultra Males. Not that those fragrances are bad, but this one is just better. A classic for the ages. I only have a small sample. I am waiting for a clone house to
make this one because I cannot afford a full bottle.


8. Memo Irish Leather
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Leather, mate, and juniper

Performance: 9

Weather: Cool to cold

Note: My favorite leather fragrance

Irish Leather is insanely expensive, but it's quality juice. A dry leather paired with some green mate and a touch of herbalness and sweet juniper. A very country smelling fragrance. It's labeled as unisex, but I view this as masculine. Luckily, there are some high-quality clones out for this one.


7. Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Neroli, bergamot, grapefruit, jasmine, and petitgrain

Performance: 7

Weather: Warm to Hot

Note: A classicly clean fragrance with modern ingredients

AdP is one of my favorite houses when it comes to citrus-based fragrances. This one is along the lines of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, but more modern with some green notes and petitgrain. It features decent performance for this type of fragrance and smells very natural. A very good dumb reach for the summer and my favorite from the house. I only have a decant, so I usually wear Alexandria's Alexandria Port instead because it's more cost-efficient. I would probably wear this one 2-3 times per week in the warmer months if I had a full bottle.


6. Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Tobacco, oud, whiskey, spicy notes

Performance: 10

Weather: Cool to Cold

Note: My favorite Tom Ford, but it's not a crowd-pleaser


Tobacco Oud is a very polarizing fragrance, but the more I wear it, the more I love it. Sweet tobacco with whiskey and smoky oud and a bit of spice. Very sweet, somewhat ashy and smoky, and very daring. This is a grown man's fragrance. This is not for guys in college. This will get you noticed, although sometimes in a negative manner. I only have a decant of this one as well, so I am not allowed to wear it as much as I'd like.


5. Gallagher Rose All Dae
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Apple crisp, dark rose, stainless steel, honey, and patchouli

Performance: 10

Weather: Cool to cold

Note: The most interesting gourmand on the market


Rose All Dae is a very interesting gourmand featuring stainless steel as a note. I know what you are thinking..."Stainless steel in a gourmand? No thanks.", but hear me out. This actually works. The Metallic notes aren't very prominent. This fragrance is more about the honey, apple crisp, and rose. It has something slightly smoky to my nose too. It's hard to really explain. This fragrance has unreal depth and character. If you want to smell like something different for a date, try this one out.


4. Alexandria Hafez 1984


Key Notes: Tobacco, rum, saffron, guaiac wood, cinnamon, and cardamom

Performance: 10

Weather: Cool to cold

Note: The best original and hallmark of Alexandria Fragrances



Hafez 1984 is another fragrance not for college guys. This one is opulent, wealthy, and potent. Cavendish tobacco with leathery nuances of saffron, spicy notes, and rum combine in a synergy that made Alexandria stand out from other clone houses. A masterpiece of perfumery. It's not just hype. This fragrance is really that good.


3. Burberry London


Key Notes: Tobacco, leather, cinnamon, and opoponax

Performance: 7

Weather: Cool to cold

Note: The holiday season in a bottle.


A Christmas tree, port wine, wet leaves...These are just a few of the things people get with this one. A legendary fragrance in its own right. One of my all-time favorites because it can smell like so many different things. This one just works and will forever be in my collection. One of the only fragrances that I have a backup bottle of. If you haven't smelled this one at this point, then you need to get it as soon as possible. Every man should have this one. Sample it first though.

This one is easy to go anosmic to. Don't listen to the claims of poor performance. I get 6-8 hours every time. It's good stuff and the flannel bottle is awesome and unique.


2. Creed Green Irish Tweed
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Lemon verbena, iris, violet, and

Performance: 8

Weather: Cool to warm

Note: The quintessential gentleman's fragrance


Green Irish Tweed at number 2? Yes, my long-time favorite was dethroned. Green Irish Tween is green, floral, and bright. Like a stroll through the Brisit countryside in spring after a light rain. There are plenty of high-quality clones of this one, but it's still affordable on discounters. It's well worth the price, but I generally find myself wearing the clones because most of them are very close.



1. Guerlain Vetiver
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Vetiver, tobacco, bergamot, lemon, nutmeg, and leather

Performance: 10

Weather: Any, but it's better in warmer weather

Note: The benchmark to which all vetiver fragrances are compared to.


Guerlain Vetiver is now my all-time favorite fragrance. In my eyes, this fragrance has no equal. The quality, price, and performance of this juice are breathtaking. A clean and spicy vetiver based scent. Very masculine, timeless, and approachable. I am only 33, but I will rock this fragrance at any time because I love it. Don't let people say you have to wear modern stuff. This fragrance is a masterpiece. Creed, Tom Ford, and Mugler cannot make a fragrance as good as this at this price point.

If you haven't smelled this, then you should get out from under your rock and at least try it. This is a piece of perfume history and everyone should try it out.



Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my list. Let me know your favorites in the comments section. Don't be scared to hit that follow button if you enjoy my content.

As always, have a great day and remember to spread positive vibes and make the world a better-smelling place!



Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

4 comments:

  1. What up man it's Kyle,I never tried to do a top 10.
    1. Oud Ispahan
    2. Ambre Nuit
    3. Mitzvah
    4. DUA Aphrodisiac/Psychedelic Love
    5. Single Malt
    6. Apple Brandy
    7. Nasomatto Pardon
    8. Le Labo Bergamote 22/DUA 22 Shades of Bergamote
    9. DUA 28 Shades of Tabacum/Tabac 28
    10. MFK Grand Soir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dope list my friend keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete