Monday, June 3, 2019

Ryan Richmond: Rich Mess Review


Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is doing fantastic. I am back at it again with another review for you. This time all of you leather lovers will appreciate this one. Also, you folks who love huge projection and longevity will as well. Ryan did send this to me for free, but as always my opinions are my own.


Presentation

The one he sent me was the rollerball version, but I am not sure if it's pure perfume oil or not, but it most likely is. It also comes in a spray form. There isn't too much to say about it. The label is black and white with Ryan's name on it and the fragrance name. The cap screws off to reveal a steel rollerball.

Notes

Top

Bergamot, Fig, Grapefruit

Mid
Saffron, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Base
Leather, Atlas Cedar, Lily


The Scent

Opening


Rich Mess is a very potent fragrance, even in the rollerball form. The saffron's leather-like accord mingling with the actual leather note mixes to make a very potent leather accord. It's a little bit dirty, but sophisticated at the same time. I guess that is why he called it "Rich Mess", knowing it was a bit dirty. Others on Fragrantica get the bergamot and fig, but I get mainly leather and a bit of the spiciness in this phase.

Dry Down

The leather calms down a bit, but it still pretty stout, but it refines itself a bit. The cedar starts to show a bit, bringing its spicy woodiness to the composition and turning this into an entirely masculine fragrance. I still don't detect the fig individually, but it does have an underlying greenness to it, which I assume is created by the fig note. It does have complexity and you pick up more notes, but I am not able to detect what they are exactly. It also has a healthy dose of sandalwood with its light woody nuances.

Performance

This fragrance is nuclear on my skin. I am getting around 12 hours with 4-5 of projection, even in a rollerball form. I heard that the spray form is 22% concentration, so that is some potent juice. This isn't a fragrance for people who don't want to be noticed.

When to Wear it

This is a cooler weather fragrance to me. The leather is super strong and would be cloying in the heat. You might be able to get away with it on a cooler spring night, but I don't see it being wearable in the summer. I will have to try it on a warmer day to determine that. This is like a guys night out fragrance. It's labeled as unisex, but I find it entirely masculine. This is also a nighttime fragrance to me.


Overall Impression

I do like this fragrance. It's very high quality and has depth. For myself though, I can't find many places that I would wear this. Part of that is probably my stigma that I should wear a leather jacket with a leather fragrance. Regardless, if you love leather based fragrances and want something that is big on performance and has a lot of quality to it, then I suggest ordering a sample of this. It is worth the price tag if what I described it as sounds good to you, even though it isn't the cheapest fragrance on the market, which is understandable given the angle Ryan wanted to go with this.


Conclusion

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Have a fantastic day and remember to say something positive to someone today! Sorry that I have not been around as much, but I should be reviewing on a more regular basis now. Be safe everyone!

Buy Rich Mess here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!



No comments:

Post a Comment