Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Memo Irish Leather Review

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Hey, folks! I am glad you all stopped by again. Today I will be reviewing a fragrance that I have had for quite a while, but forgot about it. That fragrance is Memo's Irish Leather. My friend and fellow reviewer Daniel San sent me a sample f this a while back and I just forgot to review it. I seriously have about 50 fragrances to review, so content should be coming at a decent pace now. I hope you enjoy it! I will forgo the presentation on this one since I only received a sample.

Notes

Leather, Juniper Berries, Tonka Bean, Mate, Amber

The Scent

Opening


Irish Leather opens up with a beautiful leather note. It is strong, but not overpowering. It is furthermore accented by some green herbal notes from the mate. If you aren't aware of what mate is, it's also called yerba mate. A tea type drink from South America. This version is certainly the dried leaves of mate. There is also a slight dry gin vibe from the juniper, but I wouldn't say it's potent enough to call this fragrance "boozy".

Dry Down

The dry down doesn't change too much. Like most fragrances, the notes just calm down a bit and get along with each other more than in the opening, which is somewhat scattered. The amber is dry and the overall composition of this fragrance is dry. There is no sweetness here at all. The overall vibe is dry and earthy, not a prominent leather like the name would suggest. At times it smells like dry dirt and grass that was cut a few days prior. It has an overall "countryside" vibe to it.

Performance

My nose picks this one up for about 8 hours with 2 of solid projection. The sillage trail is pretty good too. It's not beast mode and you would expect better performance and projection considering it's a leather fragrance and costs a fair bit of cash, but it's still not a terrible performer.

When to Wear it

This is an amazing fall fragrance. It suits the vibe of it very well. Overall, stick to cooler months with this one. It's super dry and not fresh enough to be worn in the heat. This is mostly a more casual fragrance, give it's "country" type vibe. I wouldn't wear this one for a date unless I was going to the county fair or something. It would pair perfectly with a flannel, jeans, and leather boots.

Overall Impression

I do enjoy this one. I am not huge on leather fragrances, but this one has more depth than just a leather fragrance. The cost of this fragrance is prohibitive though. It's not worth the full retail price to me, but it is worth it if you can manage to pick it up at a discounter. This fragrance clocks in at $150 for 50ml(retail), which I think is too high. It would be acceptable at $100 for 50ml. Luckily there are also clones of this fragrance. I hear both Alexandria Carve On and Rasasi Al Yuqawam AmberGris Showers are good impressions of this. DUA has one called Cuir de Irlandes as well, but I haven't heard much about that one.

Conclusion

I hope everyone has an amazing day and thank you for stopping by. Also, thank you all for stopping by and still supporting me while I was away. It means a lot to me to still have support! Remember to say something positive to someone today!


Daniel San's Youtube

Buy Irish Leather here (Note that this is a big 6.7oz bottle. I suggest ordering a sample first)

Alexandria Carve On

Rasasi Ambergris Showers

DUA Cuir de Irlandes


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

3 comments: