Tuesday, June 18, 2019

My Top 10 Cheapies for Summer(No Clones)

Source: www.pixabay.com

Greetings, everyone! Welcome back! I hope everyone is doing fantastic. As we all know, summer is in full swing right now. At least for the western part of the world. Green grass, scorching heat, longer days, and barbeques. It's hard to dislike this time of year, even though I prefer the cooler months. Along with that heat comes a change in our fragrance wardrobes to lighter and more fresh fragrances in an attempt to cool us off. I went through my collection and picked out 10 cheapies that I think are bangers to keep you cool and smelling amazing. My criteria for this was that it had to be under 50 USD for 60ml. This list is not in numerical order from worst to best.  I will have links to where you can buy these fragrances at the end of the article. Let's get into it!


10. Bvlgari Aqva Atlantique
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Salty aquatic notes, ambergis, lemon, and bergamot.

Situation: Casual daytime

Performance: Good (8ish hours)

Bvlgari Aqva Atlantique is an oceanic centered fragrance that evokes the feeling of a deep blue ocean. It has depth, feels cool, and is effortlessly enjoyable. It's live a dive into the Atlantic on a hot summer day. This is a good signature scent for the summer. It has good performance, yet it's not strong enough to offend anyone.


9. Guerlain l'Homme Ideal Cologne
Source: www.fragrantica.com

Key Notes: Almond, peach, grapefruit, and musk.

Situation: Casual daytime

Performance: Decent (6-8 hours)


This one has been getting some hype lately. I hear it was discontinued and has been popping up as discounters. Nonetheless, this fragrance is unique and amazing for me. It's a casual carefree fragrance. Perfect for running those weekend errands in some jogger shorts and a tee. The nutty almond and fresh grapefruit serenade beautifully with the sweet peach and clean musk. It's clean, fresh, and I don't see many people not liking this one. You can get 1.6oz for $20 on Fragrancenet.


8. Ferrari Noble Fig
Source: www.fragrantica.com
Key Notes: Fig leaf, orange, and iris

Situation: Casual daytime

Performance: Average (6-7 hours)


This one caught a bit of hype a while back. I personally think this is the best Ferrari fragrance as far as smell goes. Radiant Bergamot would be my second favorite. Noble fig gives off a green coconut vibe. It's light, inoffensive and decidedly casual. This would go perfectly with a white linen shirt and some chino shorts. To me, this fragrance is also unisex.


7. Hollister Wave



Key Notes: Yuzu, bamboo, salt, lavender, driftwood, and musk

Situations: Casual daytime

Performance: Decent (6-8 hours)

I covered this one a while back when I was doing my "Surprising Sleepers" series. It's nothing amazing, but for the price you can get it at, it's a solid pickup. If you are looking for a cheap beachy fragrance, then check this one out. It's like sitting on a wooden pier on a sunny day next to the ocean. I really enjoy this one. Be warned though, my atomizer was a squirt gun. I am not sure if mine was dysfunctional or they are all like that.


6. Bvlgari Aqva Amara


Key Notes: Orange, watery notes, neroli, and incense

Situation: Daytime casual or nighttime casual

Performance: Excellent (9+ hours)


The second Bvlgari to make the list. This one is either loved or hated. I love it. The orange and incense with the sea notes are melodic and they do truly make you think of rocks by the ocean. The performance is amazing for a citrus based fragrance. The projection on this one is pretty massive as well, so don't overspray.


5. English Laundry Riviera



Key Notes: Citruses, cedar, and pepper

Situations: Daytime casual or daytime semi-casual

Performance: Good(8ish hours)


EL Riviera was hyped, along with the other EL fragrances that promptly hit discounters last year. I picked up a gift set at Fragrancebuy.ca for around 20 bucks, I think. It's a masculine fresh and spicy fragrance. This would make a great signature scent for a man who doesn't collect fragrances. It isn't original or jaw-dropping, but it does what it intended to do well.


4. Nautica Voyage N-83


Key Notes: Saltwater, lavender, and musk

Situation: Daytime casual

Performance: Meh (6 hours)


The lesser-known flanker of the legendary Nautica Voyage. Everyone knows Voyage is a cheap and good, so I added this one instead. It smells like laundry hanging out by the seaside on a warm day. It's cool, fresh, and pleasant. The performance isn't the best, but for the price you can't complain too much.


3. Azarro Chrome Legend



Key Notes: Tea, apple, orange, and musk

Situation: Daytime casual

Performance: Excellent (9+ hours)

Chrome Legend strikes a very slight similarity to Creed's SMW. It's fresh, cooling, and slightly metallic.  It has some depth to it. It has great performance and projection, so don't overspray. This fragrance really relaxes me on a hot day. One of the best bang for your bucks fragrances you can get. The presentation is cheap and flimsy though.


2. Moschino Uomo



Key Notes: Kumquat, musk, and aldehydes

Situations: Anything

Performance: Average (6-8 hours)

Moschino Uomo smells like an expensive bar of Italian soap. It smells clean and masculine. The aldehydes uplift the whole composition with that sparkle that they are known to give. This is one of the most versatile warm weather fragrances that you can get.


1. Kenneth Cole Mankind


Key Notes: Pineapple, cedar, vetiver, and ginger

Situations: Daytime casual/office

Performance: Mediocre (6-7 hours)



KC Mankind is a generic fragrance, but it works. It smells very good. The pineapple mixing with cedar and spicy ginger is an excellent combo for officewear. I don't get the best performance out of it, but others have stated it works well on them. A safe and inoffensive fragrance for the warmer days. It's still a winner for me and I wear it when I can't decide what else to wear.


Conclusion

I hope everyone enjoyed my picks. What are your experiences with these? Let me know in the comments!

Remember to say a kind word to someone today. You never know what sort of impact you can make!

Until next time, be safe everyone!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!


Link to purchase these fragrances:
Note: I am in no way affiliated, sponsored, or have any relationship with any of these companies.

Aqua Atlantique

l'Homme Ideal Cologne

Noble Fig

Wave

Aqua Amara

Riviera (They still have the gift set in stock for $20)

Voyage N-83

Chrome Legend

Moschino Uomo

Mankind

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet picks Mr John. I actually have a few if these. I'm not familiar with 7 though. I want to look at that one closer. Thank you for sharing these with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet picks Mr John. I actually have a few if these. I'm not familiar with 7 though. I want to look at that one closer. Thank you for sharing these with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos C got it on my suggestion and liked it. Someone else did as well....He was an aussie. He liked it as well. You can get a 1.7 for 12 bucks on Fragnet if you use the link I provided above.

      Delete