Thursday, June 6, 2019

7 Fragrances that are Worth the Price

Source: www.pixabay.com

Hello, once again! I hope everyone is having a great day. Yesterday I covered 7 fragrances that I thought were overpriced for what they were. Today, I am going to cover 7 that I think are worth it. Some of these aren't super expensive, but they all will run you over 100 bucks. Even though I suggest these fragrances because I enjoy them, I still suggest sampling first. This list is not in any sort of order. It is only numbered for cleanliness. Let's get into it!


7. Creed Virgin Island Water


Source: www.fragrantica.com

Being that this is a Creed fragrance, it is quite expensive. There are some clones out there that are very good at recreating this one, but I don't think any of them quite capture the magic and realness of the original. The authentic coconut and lime notes are just so natural and soothing. The performance is mediocre, but it's a very enjoyable scent and I think it is worth the price if you can pick it up at a discounter.

6. Maison Margiela Under the Lemon Trees

Source: www.fragrantica.com

Maison Margiela puts out some other quality fragrances like Jazz Club, At the Barber's, and By the Fireplace that I also think are worth the sticker price. At $125 for 100ml, Under the Lemon trees is a stellar citrus fragrance. Granted the fragrance has no lemons in it and instead has lime, which is strange given the name. They still give off a lemony vibe. With some woods and green tea and pretty good performance for a citrus-based fragrance, this one checks all of the boxes for me.


5. Parfums de Marly Carlisle

Source: www.fragrantica.com

I raved about this one a lot over the fall season. I still love it and it's one of my favorites. So naturally, I would think it's worth the sticker price. At $202 for 4.2oz on Fragrancenet it's a good buy. It's not super unique or anything, but it's just a solid wearing fragrance for the cooler months.

PdM Carlisle Review (this is an older review and I will probably revise this review in the fall if I pick up a bottle of it.)


4. Floris No 89

Source: www.fragrantica.com

This is the fragrance that Ian Fleming(the writer and creator of James Bond) wore. Supposedly, this is the fragrance that Bond also wore in the books. If it's good enough for James Bond, then it must be good and worth the price. 100ml will set you back $135, which isn't too bad. It's a classic gentlemanly fragrance, so don't expect this to be a Daniel Craig fragrance. This is more of a Sean Connery one. It's very floral barbershop fragrance.

Check out my top 5 picks for James Bond


3. Houbigant Fougere Royale
Source: www.fragrantica.com

A classic fragrance that still holds up today. A clean, yet interesting fougere with a somewhat barbershop vibe. This one is expensive, considering most fougeres/barbershop fragrances are pretty affordable, but they lack the quality and depth that this one has. This one will make your wallet cry a little bit at $180 for 3.3oz.


2. Kerosene Follow

Source: www.fragrantica.com

This one is a beautiful coffee fragrance with maple syrup and vanilla. Like a nice latte in the fall, this one just warms your senses on a cold day. This one won't make you cry too much at $140 for 100ml. Considering it's one of the most realistic coffee based fragrances I have smelled, I think it is well worth that price.


1. Bond No 9 Scent of Peace

Source: www.fragrantica.com

This is one of the easiest summer fragrances to wear. It really is peaceful. It has amazing projection and longevity as well. It's a juniper and pineapple bomb. However, it does cost 239 bucks for 50ml, but sometimes you can find it on discounters and it's totally worth it if you can. If you are into projection monsters and want a beast mode fragrance for the summer, then look no further than Scent of Peace.


Conclusion


I hope everyone enjoyed this article. I am sure some of you will disagree, but that is okay. Fragrance collecting is an expensive hobby and there aren't many fragrances over $100 USD that I would say are worth their price, but these are. As I said before, make sure to sample first. They might not be worth it to you.

Have a great day and remember to say something positive to someone today! Until next time, be safe!



Want to learn how to support my work? Click 
here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment