Sunday, June 2, 2019

Genre Parfums R.A.M.C. Review

Credit: Genre Parfums

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by! Today I will be reviewing another fragrance from genre Parfums called R.A.M.C. This one is an original creation from Devin Breaux, the owner of the house. RAMC stands for "Ran After My Car". I did inquire about this name with Devon, hoping for a funny backstory, but he said he is naming his original fragrances in such a way to make them conversation starters and that none of them have a real backstory to them, at least not yet. So, without further ado. Let's get into it! Also, I did receive this product for free from Devin, although as always, you will get my honest opinion on it.

Presentation

RAMC comes neatly packaged in a lack box with the name of the fragrance on the box, which is a very nice touch considering most clone houses use generic boxes with just the house name and not the fragrance listed on it. Which there is nothing wrong with the generic boxes, but these add another special touch to it. The slide over the top is what has the fragrance name though, not the actual box. Once you slide it off there is a box that you can open from the side with a pull tab.

The bottle is cylindrical, which a slightly more detailed black and gold Genre label on it. The bottle does not have a cap and the atomizer works fine. He did say he was working on sourcing new atomizers, but I didn't inquire if they included caps or not.

Overall, the presentation is quite good coming from a house that generally produces clones. It gives it a touch of class, but it's not over the top, no doubt in order to keep his prices low. Also, RAMC only comes in a 60ml size as of right now.

Notes

Taken straight from my FB conversation with Devin when I asked.

Top: Bergamot, Lemon, Pineapple, Cassis   

Heart: Jasmine, Clary sage, Spicy Notes   

Base: Oud, Nagarmotha, White Musks, Amber


Yeah, I have no idea what Nagarmotha is either. Maybe it's some sort of LA slang? I don't know ;)

Seriously though, a Google search informed me it's another name for cypriol. It totally sounded like it could have been much cooler in my head.


The Scent

Opening

RAMC opens up with a fresh and zesty citrus blast. The pineapple is creamy and somewhat similar to Aventus, but not quite as realistic, but it's not super synthetic either. I enjoy it. The tanginess of the lemon is also very much alive at this point too, but it doesn't smell like a floor cleaner. You can also pick up on the cassis in this phase as well. It's a very fresh and summery type fragrance in this phase. It manages to execute a potent citrus opening which doesn't overpower. WHich is somewhat rare for citrus based fragrances.

Dry Down

The dry down has some of the woody notes come out. I know it says oud, but I don't get that.  It smells more controlled and laid back than most ouds are. It smells similar to the woodiness in BDC to me. So essentially, to my nose, this is a BDC/Aventus hybrid. You get a bit more of the clean white musks which gives it more diversity and wearability than most citrus/woody fragrances in this genre. I don't get any of the oud, or amber, but I can detect a bit of spiciness.

Performance

I am getting around 3 hours of projection and 10 of longevity. Which means it will pass most people's expectations on how long it should last. It does leave a nice sillage trail as well. For the price, you will hardly find something of this quality that smells this good.

When to Wear it

The opening is summery, but the dry down allows you to wear this year rounds, but I don't think it would be as fitting for the dead of winter. I would wear this when I would reach for BDC or Aventus. It's offensive, mass pleasing, and long-lasting. It's safe for the boardroom, a trip to the beach. A leisurely stroll on a fall day. Rock it how you want to.

Overall Impression

I will cut right to the point here, 50 bucks is a steal here. I have already used 1/4 of my bottle and I still Devin only sent it to me a month ago. For someone with as many fragrances as I have, that is saying something. You all know how I feel about citrus fragrances and this one hits the mark. It's powerful, has longevity, and cheaper than most alternatives out there. So, my advice is to order a sample if Devin doesn't sell out. Which looking at his Facebook group, RAMC has been going fast, which is understandable. I think most of his originals line has been met with great success, so check those out too. I will link Devin's Facebook to contact him about ordering and his Facebook group below.

Conclusion

That's it for today. I hope everyone has a great day and don't forget to tell someone something positive today! Until next time, be safe!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

Devin's Facebook

Genre Parfums Facebook Group

3 comments: