Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Frapin 1270 Review

1270 Frapin for women and men
Source: www.fragrantica.com


Hey, everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day. Another doubleheader today because I have a lot of reviews that I need to catch up on. This one was also a sample that was sent to me by Kyle Stevens. Thank you once again, Kyle! This one is from a relatively unknown house, as far as what fragrances I commonly see in the Facebook groups at least. The story behind this fragrance is that Frapin was created in the year 1270 and became famous for high-quality wines in France. This fragrance is boozy, so it fits that much. Let's get into it!

Notes

(Taken from https://www.luckyscent.com/product/22600/1270-by-frapin?utm_source=fragrantica&utm_medium=www.fragrantica.com&utm_campaign=5325)

Exotic Woods, Spices, Raisins, Vine Flowers, Pepper, Candied Orange, Nuts, Hazelnut, Prunes, Cocoa, Coffee, Leather, Woods, White Honey, Vanilla

The Scent

Opening


1270 opens up with a nice melange of dried fruits. You certainly get the prunes in there. The coffee and cocoa also add a warmness to it. The hazelnut and honey also accentuate this. It's a very inviting opening. It's warm and cozy and draws you in.

Dry Down

The dry down starts to turn boozier, I can't pick out exactly what it is, but I am going to assume it is cognac since that is what they were known for. I have never had cognac, so I am not sure what it smells like. The spices and some light woods start to come out, no doubt giving the impression that this boozy fragrance was aged in a wooden barrel of some sort. You also get some more of the vanilla mixing with the coffee and cocoa to give it even more depth.

Performance

This fragrance smells really good, however, it is short lived. It becomes a skin scent is less than an hour and has very soft sillage and projection. The longevity is around 5 hours. So, this is more of a personal fragrance which shocks me due to it containing gourmand notes which normally perform well. Given the price ($165 for 100ml) I would expect a bit more performance.

When to Wear it

The performance is so soft that I will say you can get away with wearing this all year and it won't be cloying to anyone. However, it would be best worn in the cooler months or at night. Would be a decent first date fragrance if you are unsure if your date enjoys stranger fragrances or not. This can be worn casually or dressed up in a suit.

Overall Impression

This fragrance smells very good. I thoroughly enjoy it, but the performance is certainly lacking. I cannot justify spending that much on this fragrance given that. It is a high-quality fragrance and I still think you should pick up a sample to see if it works better on your skin. It is worth a shot...even if you can only smell this for a few hours. As I said, it does smell very good.

Conclusion

I hope everyone has a great day and remember to say something positive to someone! Don't let my somewhat negative review dissuade you from trying this one. It could very well work for you, but I highly suggest sampling it first! Until next time, be safe.


Buy 1270 here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment