Monday, June 3, 2019

My Favorite Alexandria Fragrance

Source: Hany Hafez


Hey, folks. I hope you are having an excellent day today. I have done a lot of Alexandria reviews. In fact, Alexandria is my most reviewed house. I am going to talk about my favorite fragrance from their collection. I have/have tried probably 25 or so Alexandrias and this one captivates me every time I smell it. It draws me in and I can't get enough of it. It's a hard feat to top a list against 24 other fragrances, considering some of them are impressions of some of my favorite fragrances, which are all great impressions of them, but this one is still my favorite. Well, I will stop babbling and tell you what it is...
Source: www.Alexandriafragrances.com
It is none other than Interplay Extrait, which is an impression of Maison Francis Kurkdjian's BR540 Extrait. This one just does it for me in every aspect. My buddy, Kyle Stevens, sent me a small sample of this when he sent me all of the other samples of it. I am working on trying to get a full bottle now, since that was used up in a matter of days since I love it so much. Now, let's get into the review. I won't go over the presentation since it's the same as the other Alexandrias (given I had a full bottle), even though I don't have any Alexandrias with the new labels on them yet.


Notes

Top
Saffron, Bitter Almond

Mid
Cedar, Jasmine

Base
Ambergris, Woody Notes, Musk


The Scent

Opening


Interplay Extrait opens very sweet with a burst of sweet saffron and ambergris. Yes, it does remind you of a dentist's office. Granted all of the pain and bad memories most of us have of those, I am surprised that I like this so much. However, it has much more depth than that. For only having seven notes, this thing has a ton of depth. You also get a healthy dose of the bitter almond and clean musk and I assume that is what gives it the dentist office feel.


Dry Down

Interplay Extrait is still very sweet on the dry down, but smells less like a dentist office. The woodiness comes out mixing with that aforementioned sweetness.  It doesn't develop too much from the opening to the dry down, some of the notes just settle in to cooperate with one another a bit more.


Performance

I see a lot of people in the Alexandria Fragrances Facebook group talk about this only lasting two hours. Ladies and gentleman, I am here to tell you that this is a fragrance you will go nose blind to and pick it up again later. People will smell this on you. I get around 10 hours with it. I am not 100% sure on the projection since it comes and goes, but people say they can still smell it on me for hours after I applied it. So, don't let those reviews fool you. Also, keep in mind that many Alexandria fragrances need to macerate for at least two weeks before they show their true form.


When to Wear it

This is a year-round fragrance, except for hot summer days. It would be way too sweet then, but you can still wear it for summer nights in most places. This can be worn casually or dressed up. Rock it how you want to. It has so much depth that you can make it fit in anywhere. It is also decidedly unisex.

Overall Impression

Given the title of this article, my overall impression is obviously that this is an amazing fragrance that every man and woman should own. It's a workhorse that gets good reactions from those around you. I think most Alexandria fragrances are good, but this one is phenomenal. Do yourself a favor and get a sample and a bottle of it in the same order, since you will be angry with yourself when your sample runs out. Seriously though, sample this if you haven't tried it. I wouldn't be talking it up so much if I didn't believe in it. I did receive my sample for free, but it wasn't from Alexandria, s I had no obligation to review this beauty.


Conclusion

I hope everyone has a great day and remember to say something positive to someone today! You never know how much it could help them! Until next time, be safe!


Buy Interplay Extrait here

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here!

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment