Sunday, October 4, 2020

The Freshest Happyland: Happyland Studio Gerranabis Review

 

Source

Good morning. ladies and gentlemen! I hope everyone has been well. I know it's been a while since I posted a review. I had some family issues that I had to take care of. I am hoping to still being able to get 1 or 2 reviews out per week though. 

Today, I have another Happyland fragrance for you. I have had this one for quite a while, but I didn't review it because the owner wasn't feeling well. After that, I ran into my family issue. So, here we are. A bit late, but here nonetheless. 

This is Happyland's take on a fresher fragrance. If any of you are familiar with their fragrances, they tend to favor dark, powerful, and intense fragrances, so this one is quite different than the rest of the line. I will be reviewing El Goodo when it gets colder as well. I don't think I can assess that one fairly in warm weather and I want to give it a fair shot. I will also be reviewing Dawnbuster and Cravat Noir soon as well.

Happyland did send this one to me for free, but as always, my opinion is my own. I am friends with the owner of Happyland, but I have said that some of his fragrances didn't impress me much, like Green Irish Tobacco. Other people love that one though. These are just my opinions after all :)

Without further ado, let's get into it!


Presentation

I do have a full bottle of this, but I opted to steal a picture from Happyland's website because I haven't had time to snap a picture yet.

Geranabis comes in the same bottles that all Happylands do. The standard resto man with the mustache adorns the bottle. The only change is that this one is green and features cannabis leaves on it. This is obviously an ode to the cannabis in this fragrance. I like seeing all of the different thing he pairs with the different scents on his bottles. He is quite creative in that regard.

The bottles also have the standard Happyland sprayer, which is akin to a snowblower that covers you in a mist of fragrance. You only need a spray or two. The atomizers are very potent.


Notes

Cannabis Flower, Geranium, Agarwood, Tomato Leaf, Clary Sage, Orris Root, Clove, and Cinnamon.


The Scent 

Upon spraying two sprays on my hand, I am greeted with a fresh herbal blast that is likened to a grassy texture. It feels a bit wet, similar to a dandelion stalk if you split it in half and smelled the aroma that exudes from that. This is not a skunky form of cannabis at all. It's quite fresh and clean.

The tomato leaf is also present, but not overbearing. It seems that most fragrances use tomato leaf as an herbal accent to accentuate other green notes. It's no different in this one. It is similar to the tomato leaf note in Perfumology's L'Ima, which is a wonderfully aromatic fragrance that smells like a Mediterranean garden

After that, you are met with the resinous nature of cannabis. It's not super potent and it's smoothed over by the floral geranium. The geranium isn't mentholated and minty like in Brut or Floris no 89. This version is more of a slightly sweet and fresh floral.

The clary sage is more fresh and wet, instead of dry. Maybe the other notes at play make it feel this way to me. The orris serves as an accent to make the geranium shine more to me. It adds a bit of sweet floralness to it, while keeping it clean with an even so slight powdery nuance. 

I do not pick up any cinnamon or clove. My guess would be they are hidden and meant to boost the contrast of the cannabis flower and its resinous nature. I also don't detect any agarwood in this. 


My Opinion

I am typically not a fan of cannabis fragrances. I always fear that I will smell like someone who smokes pot. I don't smoke pot and I don't want to smell like that. However, Gerranabis doesn't smell like that at all. It's a fresh and vibrant green fragrance with a cannabis twist. It's beautifully executed and smooth. This is probably the smoothest blend that Happyland has produced to date. It's probably the most wearable they have produced as well.

I can't say that Gerranabis is my favorite from Happyland. It will take something stellar to break into my top 3 from the house, but this is still a very nice fragrance that has earned its place in my collection. It's a very well thought out fragrance that executes what it is trying to do flawlessly. 

I normally don't mention performance much, but as with all Happyland fragrances, this one lasts around 9 hours and projects heavily. This is one that you could get away with spraying a bit more than normal with their fragrances, but I would still not suggest overspraying any fragrance. 

Overall, this is a beautiful fragrance for spring, but it can work for summer as well. It's casual, clean, and it is unique. As always, sample first. Happyland offers samples of their entire line. This might not be for everyone and don't let my opinion influence you to buy a fragrance that you might regret.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review of Gerranabis. Have an amazing day and remember to say a kind word to someone. You never know who it might help. Life is too short to walk around angry. Stay safe out there. 

 
 
Buy Gerranabis here (Happyland also carries sample and 30ml sizes)


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment