Monday, October 26, 2020

Boozy Seduction: Happyland El Goodo Review

 

Source

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am doing just fine.I am waiting for a few packages to come in and I am excited to get them. 

The weather has been a bit cooler at night, so I have finally been able to give Happyland's El Goodo a good test run for a few nights. I tried it in the heat and didn't like it at all, so instead of rushing to conclusions, I waited and tried it in the cooler weather. The result were...Well, read the article :)

I did get this for free from Happyland. I do know the owner and I am a fan of him. So, there might be a slight bias in this review. I am just letting you know. I will still be 100% honest with my thoughts on the fragrance though.

Now, with that out of the way, let's get into it! 

(I am not going over the presentation this time because you can see it in the picture. I do have a full bottle, but it's been rainy here and the pictures didn't come out well)


Notes

Brandy, Dark Fruits, Cedar, Labdanum, Oakmoss, Beeswax, and White Musk


The Story 

Romance can bloom in the strangest of places...Awestruck lovers sitting across from each other with stars in their eyes. A blush on their cheeks, forgetting about the world around them. It's in these moments that an emotion is captured. An essence woven into the fabric of time for two people forever. 

The sweet aroma of joy and ecstasy, met with a special drink. The woods of the chairs. The sweet serenade of the memory clings to our brain like the heat of a fire on a cold night. A warming embrace that is a welcoming respite from the chill of reality. It puts our minds in overdrive, like bees swarming to create their sweet nectar. Nothing is as pleasing...or maddening, as these little moments etched into our brains for life. 


The Scent 

Happyland El Goodo opens up with a very sweet dark berry mixture accented by the fruity booziness of brandy. I think I can detect a bit of plum in there as well. It's very strong and very sweet during this time. 

Around 15 minutes later, the sweetness calms itself and a honey-like accord comes out. It's sweet, rich, and dark. I assume that this is the beeswax. A slightly peppery cedar that is quite dry forms the base to lift the other notes on top of it and gives it a solid grounding. It also works to keep this fragrance leaning masculine. There is also a faint hint of what I perceive to be a woodier version of oakmoss. 

Overall, this fragrances starts off very dark and sweet with hefty amounts of booze. It then settles down into a sweet woody fragrance with honey, fruit, and brandy. 


My Opinion

I didn't like El Goodo at first. As I said previously, I tried it in the heat and the sweetness was overbearing and cloying to me. It was just too sticky and strong. However, I waited, as I do with many fragrances to try them in different seasons. When the cooler nights came around I wore this a few times and it became something much more beautiful. So, my advice is that this is a strictly cold weather fragrance. 

El Goodo has a beautiful medley of dark and sweet accords met with woody notes that make it smell very seductive and romantic to me. This would be something I would wear for a date on Valentine's Day. 

I don't even need to mention performance. If you know Happyland, then you know they are Mancera levels of strong. 1-2 sprays max on this one or you will run the risk of suffocating those around you. If you wear this on a date and spray over that, then you might scare him/her off. You have been warned.

I do think this is a solid scent. It's not my favorite from Happyland, but it deserves a place in my collection. It will get some more wearings when it gets colder. I am just glad that I gave it a fair chance. I seriously hated it at first. I normally don't do well with sweet stuff, but since this is a darker sort of sweet with booze, I think I handle it much better than I normally do. 

As I say with everything, don't blind buy this. It won't be for everyone. Happyland sells samples and discovery kits.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review of El Goodo.  I will be reviewing Cravat Noir and Dawnbuster sometime early next month, so be looking out for that if you are a fan of Happyland's stuff. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. Be good and keep doing good. Say positive things today. You never know how much it could help someone. You never know what someone is dealing with. Even a simple smile can help. We need more good in this world. This year has been bad enough already. Until next time, be safe!


Buy El Goodo here

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your thoughts on this one. I own 4 or 5 HAPPYLAND FRAGRANCES and really like them. Maybe this one is next. God Bless Brother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it. If you like sweet and boozy, then this would be a good one.

      Delete