Sunday, August 23, 2020

Woods and Woods: Benoit Thibeault Accomplissement Pour Homme Review

 

Credit: Benoit Thibeault 


Hello, ladies and Gentlemen! I hope everyone is having a pleasant day today. I'm doing just fine. I am writing up a bunch of reviews today, so you might see me post a new review or topic each day in the coming week. 

I have a new fragrance from a new house to review today. This is from a self-taught Canadian perfumer named Benoit Thibeault. He started his house just this year and he did send me some samples for free. However, there was no agreement to review them. I did think this one is worthy enough to review, so here we are. 

This house is not IFRA-compliant. This means that some of the concentrations in the fragrances might not be deemed as safe due to allergens. Make sure to test these fragrances on a small patch of skin before giving them a full wearing. He is working on becoming IFRA compliant though. He just isn't at the current moment. Because of this, I will give a full note breakdown for this fragrance, in case you have allergies to anything included in it. 

Now that we got that out of the way, let's get into it!


The Notes


Top- Grapefruit and Black Pepper 

Heart- Thuja

Base- Amber, Iso E Super, Tobacco, Oud, Vetiver, Pimento, Clary Sage, Nutmeg


The Scent

Accomplissement Pour Homme opens with a cooling greenness that is quickly met with dry woody accords accented by black pepper. This is a base heavy fragrance to me. This means that the base takes over right away.

The heart and base quickly come out. The thuja is apparently a tree that brows close to where Benoit lives and it's quite similar to cedar. It smells just like a dry cedar to me. This is a natural note. It is meat with dry amber, woody oud, and tobacco. These notes are accented by an accord of various spicy notes. Woody vetiver and thuja with the pepper are the most dominant notes to me in the dry down.

This fragrance is quite linear to me, which is a good thing if you are a fan of dry woody and spicy scents. Essentially, you get an almost lumberyard feeling that is classed up with warm spices. 

I don't think this one projects very much, but it leaves a nice soft bubble around you. I do believe that this is intentional since the perfumer made this fragrance with the intent on using it as a work fragrance. It's hard to tell what the projection is with social distancing taking place, so I could be incorrect in assuming this. I am solely going off of my own nose. The overall longevity is around 8-9 hours on my skin. 


My Opinion

Accomplissement Pour Homme isn't doing anything new or daring. It's a really safe fragrance, but it was crafted to be that. I do not think this fragrance is limited to a professional environment. It can be worn casually as well. It's just a dry woody and spicy fragrance that is masculine. There aren't any bells and whistles, but it accomplishes what it was meant to do. 

This fragrance costs around $70 USD for 50ml, which I think is a fair price. It does come off as quite natural to me. I would have liked a bit more tobacco in it, but that is just my personal taste. It's a solid offering from a new perfumer, but in the future, I would like to see him stretch out his style more and create something a bit more daring. He is an indie perfumer and that comes with the expectation that you will create unique things. He has a solid start and I assume he created this to sell so that he can expand into some more unique things, but time will tell. I think he has potential. Every niche and indie brand has a more safe fragrance to sell to keep them in business.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review. I will leave some links to his store page and his Youtube channel if you'd like to check them out. Have a great day and remember to say a kind word to someone today. You never know how much it could help them. A kind word only costs a moment of your time. 


Buy Accomplissement Pour Homme here (prices are in CAD)

Benoit's YouTube(English)


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment