Sunday, August 16, 2020

Not Worth the Hype: Azzaro Ginger Lover Review

 

Source

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am doing just fine. I have been testing a lot of stuff and dealing with something in the family, so I haven't had as much time to write lately. I should have a few new reviews published over the course of the next few days. 

I saw a few YouTube videos hyping Azzaro's Ginger Lover, so I decided to purchase a decant of it. The fragrance contains ginger, lime, and vetiver. I love all three of those. Well, I will give you my opinion in a bit.

I purchased my decant from Mario Sharvae who is a legitimate seller and has great prices. One of my bottles leaked and another one the atomizer broke. He sent me a new atomizer and 10ml of MFK's Masculin Pluriel to make it right. Both of those things were out of his control, but he still made it right. So, I can recommend doing business with him. I will use him again if he has what I want. My review of this fragrance isn't a reflection on him. He didn't make the fragrance. 

Just to be clear, I have no relationship with Mario and this is not sponsored. I purchased the decants from him. I was just pleased with my transaction and his willingness to make it right, so I thought I would give him a shoutout. 

Let's see where Ginger Lover failed for me. Let's get into it!


The Scent

Ginger Lover starts out with a fresh and spicy lime accord accentuated by a prominent ginger note. The opening is actually quite beautiful and it's my favorite part of the fragrance. After 30 minutes the lime dies down and becomes barely noticeable in the back, only signified by a very slight fresh sweetness in the dry down. What you then get is just a dry ginger accord with woody vetiver. There isn't greenness in this vetiver. It's only dry and woody. It's certainly a more fantasy version of vetiver. 

This woody ginger lasts for the life of the fragrance, which lasts around 8 hours in total. This is marketed towards men, but I think women could wear this as well. This is a fragrance that can survive high heat as well. 


My Opinion

The opening of Ginger Lover is the best part. the dry down is simple, boring, and uninspired. Does it smell bad? No, but it's just flat. There is nothing exciting once the lime dies down. Maybe they should have used lemon or grapefruit as a longer-lasting citrus note to give this one some life. 

I honestly don't get why people hyped this one. This fragrance has no soul and it's just a money grab to me. It could have been so much more interesting than it is. This is exactly the reason why I always tell people to buy decants before committing to a full bottle, even though this one is inexpensive. 

Now, if you love Ginger Lover, then wear it. I am not trying to insult your tastes or what you like. I am just giving my personal opinion about it. I tried to come up with a good story for this one, but the fragrance didn't inspire me at all. I don't like doing negative reviews because it's much more difficult to write about things that don't inspire you. However, with this one being hyped up recently, I figured I might want to give a contrasting opinion to what others are saying out there. 

My overall take is that it's not a bad fragrance, but it's not exciting. It's certainly not one I will be purchasing a full bottle of. There are much more interesting ginger and citrus-based fragrances, even in the same price range. Azzaro Pour Homme still holds the crown in the Azzaro lineup for me. 


Conclusion

I hope everyone has a lovely day. Be well and do well. Remember to say a kind word to someone today. You never know how much it could help them. Kind words are free to use. Be blessed and stay safe!


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment