Saturday, November 6, 2021

Warm and Cozy: Pasha de Cartier Parfum Review

 



Hey, folks! I am sorry that it's been so long since I have done a review. I keep saying I will do more, but life keeps getting in the way. As some of you know, my grandmother passed away in June. My mother broke her hip, then she caught COVID, and now she is in a nursing home. It's been a rough year, but I am trying to pump out some more reviews now. I have quite a lot to go over. 

I have had Pasha de Cartier Parfum for a while now and I have had time to fully explore it. I am excited about this one. Let's get into it!


The Vibes

A gentleman sits in his recliner with an amber-colored drink in his hand. It's a cool winter night and the fireplace is roaring. He is a man of taste and refinement, but he is also a modern man, but he enjoys a few classic things as well. He is well-spoken and confident, but not arrogant. 

His home speaks of classic tastes, but with modern edges to it. The old reliable recliner is a relic of the past, while the fireplace is cold and austere on the outside, while still giving that warm glow that feels like a hearth. A perfect combination of classic values with new world ideas. 

The Notes

Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli, and Balsamic Notes


The Scent

Pasha de Cartier Parfum opens up in an enveloping mist of ambery booziness. It's a very cozy feel, akin to sitting by a fireplace to me. It just has a feeling of contention about it, while still retaining something slightly powdery from the original Pasha de Cartier. This allows the fragrance to be slightly clean, but not soapy in any way. 

As the heart emerges, a beautiful warm and creamy sandalwood because the focal point of the composition. This is one of the best sandalwood fragrances I have smelled. Even though it is synthetic, it doesn't read as cheap or rough. An ever so slightly dark and woody patchouli is noticeable as well. It's probably there to light the woodiness of the sandalwood.
 
In the dry down, it's mostly a creamy sandalwood and amber scent, but it retains that ever so slight powdered feel, which I think might be lavender and not a powdered amber. I think the amber is what gives this fragrance the boozy and warm feel, but I could be wrong. The original Pasha has lavender and I believe it is the same in this one, but it's not listed. 
 

My Opinion

This is a remarkable release. Cartier is a very underrated and dependable house. This fragrance speaks volumes about Cartier's ability to understand their market and to bring it into the modern era while still retaining its roots. 

This is a very long-lasting fragrance. I am clocking in at around 9-10 hours total with it. It has heavy projection for the first 2 1/2 hours, so I suggest only going 1-2 sprays with it. 

Pasha de Cartier Parfum is a very masculine release, but of course, women can wear it. It's best suited for cold days. It's a very rich smelling fragrance and it's not suited for warmer days. It's probably best suited for men over 30. This is a luxury fragrance and should be dressed up. This is not a hoodie and jeans scent. This is a statement about class and taste when you are at least slightly dressed up. 

I wouldn't label this as a masterpiece, but it would toe that line for me. It's 100% worth $120 to me. Cartier does it time and time again. They release fragrances that blow me away for their price. The quality and attention to detail from their watchmaking has certainly traverses into their perfume selections.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review of Pasha de Cartier Parfum. Remember that this is just my opinion and you should always sample any fragrance I suggest before purchasing. My nose and tastes are not the same as yours.

I did make a GoFundMe if you want to help out during these times. I don't like asking for money, but people told me to start one. Don't feel obligated to donate. Words of support mean enough to me. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and don't forget to say a kind word to someone today. You never know when it can bring someone back from the brink. 

Keep being kind and always smell amazing. Until next time, take care!


GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/johns-costs

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment