Sunday, November 7, 2021

Invigorating: Sean John 3 AM Review

 



Good evening! I hope you folks are doing well tonight. I am trying to catch up on a ton of reviews, so you will be seeing a lot of content from me. I will have a lot of non-mainstream stuff coming up soon. 

I always saw people speak about this fragrance, but I never picked it up. I had a friend send it to me, so thank you to that friend for the gift. He also sent me Lagerfeld Bois de Vetiver, which might not be reviewed until the spring. 

Without further ado, let's get into it!


The Notes


Top 

Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, and Cardamom


Heart

Fig Leaf, Geranium, and Orange Blossom 


Base

Tonic Water and Leather


The Vibe

Happy summer days with a refreshing sparkling drink.

Long summer days on the beach in the shade. 

That first blast of cold water as you jump into a lake. 

The cool spring dew.

The feeling of wearing a white linen shirt on a hot summer day. 


The Scent 

3 AM opens with invigorating sparkling bergamot with ice-cold tonic water. A slight touch of fresh and juicy orange adds to the refreshing nature of this composition. I think there is a little bit of cardamom in here, but it is used to make the composition feel effervescent. Cardamom is often used for that in these types of fragrances. 

As the heart emerges, a beautifully fresh and slightly creamy fig leaf comes out. This is the best fig note I have smelled in a fragrance within this price range. It just smoothens out the blend. I am a huge fan of fig. My boy, Carlos Colom, got me into it and now I am obsessed with the note. He also got me to expand my horizons into licorice and anise, but that is a story for another time. 

In the deep dry down, it retains that a little bit of the tonic water, but it's mostly a very soft and clean leather note with that fig leaf and a pinch of spice. It's still on the refreshing side. It doesn't turn cheap and generic in the dry down, which is shocking considering the price of this perfume. 


My Opinion

3 AM is a fragrance that completely blew me away. I review a lot of niche and indie stuff and I love supporting those brands, but this fragrance seriously captured my heart. This is a fragrance that instantly makes me happy when I spray it. Yes, the atomizer is amazing. The hype is real on that.

The way 3 AM comes together with its fresh and cooling sensations that are grounded by leather and not woods, makes it read as a masculine offering. It's mostly a summer or spring scent, but I have been wearing it in 40F weather just fine as well. 

Let's talk about performance for a bit. I am not someone who speaks on this often, but I will for this one. I think most people are not judging this one accurately. I did the same thing. I wore it and it lasted 4-6 hours in the peak of summer. However, I went through a phase when I was having a rough time in my life, so I wasn't wearing many perfumes. After around 2 weeks of not wearing something, I picked this 3 AM to uplift my mood. To my surprise, this fragrance was still very noticeable after 8 hours. This fragrance seems like it lasts a lot longer than we think. We are just used to spraying heavy fragrances which probably make it so we can't smell this one in the heart and dry down.  I was certainly pleased to find this out because I adore the smell of this perfume.

I was also surprised by how unique it is. I wouldn't say it has niche appeal, but it doesn't smell like anything I have tried on the market. The blending of notes is so smooth and well-composed. I would expect this fragrance to be from a high-end designer brand if I smelled it blindly. 

You can purchase 100ml of this fragrance for under 20 USD wherever you might look. I am not sure if everyone will love it like I do, so I would suggest sampling if you can, but it's not an expensive blind buy if you go that route. I think it's pretty safe, but I know not everyone has the cash to just throw at fragrances, so don't solely take my word on it. My tastes are not yours. I like it so much that I bought the body wash, deodorant, and aftershave to go with it. 


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review. Thank you for all of the support and for continuing to read my articles. It really means the world to me. 

Remember to say a kind word today. You never know what someone is going through beyond the surface. Their world could be crumbling and a kind word could help them get through it. 

Have a blessed day everyone. Until next time, be great and keep smelling great. Much love to all of you. 

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment