Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Effortlessly Amazing: Carthusia Uomo Review

 







Hey folks! I hope everyone is having a lovely day today! I am super excited to bring you this Carthusia Uomo today. If you enjoy Italian fragrances, then this is one you want to check out. 

Before I begin, I must be transparent and tell you that this is a sponsored article by Mozzafiato. They are an Italian luxury store that sells some fragrances that are somewhat difficult to find in the US. They also have shaving accessories, soaps, and a lot of different products to make you smell good. I do have a personal discount code for you: MUSINGS(make sure to type it in all caps!). I do get a small kickback if you use this link to purchase anything. This has no impact on my review of this fragrance. 

I usually don't do sponsored articles. However, a friend linked me up with the owner and I looked over their site and listened to his reviews of the store and I was sold. I wouldn't do a sponsored article if it wasn't a brand I believed in. Anyone who has followed me for any length of time knows that I absolutely adore Italian fragrances and how they do citruses. You folks also know how I love helping smaller brands out and Mozzafiato falls under that umbrella.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get into it!


The Notes

Top 

Lemon, Bergamot, Freesia, and Green Leaves

Mid 

Geranium, Cedar, Lily-of-the-Valley, Jasmine, and Patchouli

Base

Musk, Amber, Oakmoss, and Sandalwood 





The Scent

When we think about an Italian fragrance, what do we think of? For myself, I think of bergamot and clean freshness. Carthusia Uomo opens up with a melange of petitgrain-esque freshness. Citrus-laced green leaves with an aquatic freesia and a hint of fresh rosy geranium. Basically, this smells like you are in Italy by the seaside, sans the saltiness. It's fresh, vibrant, and aquatic. 

As the heart starts to develop, you start picking up on a slightly spiced cedar and more of that aforementioned rosy geranium. Soapy jasmine and clean white musk follow to give the geranium the clean edge that it needs. The notes from the top still linger, but this perfume is masterfully blended and the notes all meld seamlessly with one another. None of them attempt to upstage the others.

As the base starts to shine, you get a bit of clean oakmoss which makes this fragrance lean almost in a fougere direction. The freshness from the top is still there. You would think that it would die down, but it doesn't. An almost leathery nuance shows up. It's soft, clean, and beautifully crafted., The fragrance finishes with a warming blanket of cashmeran. 


Performance

Italian fragrances typically aren't known to be very long-lasting. This one breaks that mold. This is not a forceful fragrance and it comes off as very gentlemanly. It's not one that is going to fill a room, but people will smell it on you. I get around 9 hours on skin with this. The projection is quite mild which is to be expected with the note breakdown.

It's cooler here now, so maybe in the warmer months it will last longer and be a little more aggressive, but I doubt it considering the genre of fragrance that it is. These gentlemanly scents are rarely overbearing, like a gentleman himself is. 

Let it be noted that I only wore 3 sprays of this perfume while testing. Overspraying this will make it too forceful and ruin the charm that the fragrance is trying to convey. 

How to Wear it

This perfume is meant for a discerning man. A man who has a career, but still comes home to play with the kids and helps his wife. It's classy, elegant, but also casual. It's quite versatile. You can pull this off with a T-shirt and shorts or a lightly colored suit at the office. This is a fragrance that Bleu de Chanel wishes it could be...and I like Bleu de Chanel. 

This fragrance does lean masculine, but I could see a woman pulling it off as well. I wouldn't call it unisex, but I wouldn't say it's in the genre of completely masculine either.

This is probably best suited for men over 30. While it does have some playfulness in it with the aquatic nuances, I think it leans a little more mature than a college-age person would want. The composition is classic, but it's made with modern ingredients and doesn't smell "old" at all. 

Spring and summer are probably the best time of the year to wear Carthusia Uomo, but I am sitting here wearing it in 50F temperatures and it still works beautifully.




My Opinion

This fragrance is simply beautiful to me. It's versatile enough that I can wear it all year long. The way the blend comes off so effortlessly smooth and there are so many little nuances at play makes it smell much more expensive than it actually is. This fragrance is only $84 for 50ml and that blows my mind for the quality you get here. It might sound like a lot to some, but this is 100% worth it. Plus, you get 10 bucks off with my code, which makes it even better. I promise that I am not just saying this because it's sponsored. Look at the reviews on Fragrantica or Base Notes. This is a gem that hardly anyone knows about. 

This makes me dream of an Italian summer by the seaside, drinking some lemonade while watching the waves crash while the birds sing their song of summer. It just hits some sort of euphoric happiness in me. A place of bliss and peace, which is something I honestly needed after this year.

Carthusia Uomo is a breathtakingly realistic adventure into the core of Italian perfumery. Carefree yet still dressed up would be my description of the perfume. It's just simply amazing what gems you can find when you aren't even looking. 


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review of Carthusia Uomo. It was an absolute delight to test this one out. This one will get some heavy wearing during spring and summer, even though I am wearing it in autumn as well. 

I appreciate all of your support and don't forget to say a kind word to someone today. You never know who you might help. You might just keep someone from the brink of darkness with one kind word. Use it well and often. 

Until next time, I wish everyone good health and happy times. Smell amazing and be amazing!
 

Buy Carthusia Uomo Here(DOn't forget to use MUSINGS for $10 off)


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment