Friday, June 26, 2020

Something Different: Kyse Vertigo Cuir Review

Source

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am anxiously awaiting the Saharan dust to head this way, oddly enough. I have always been somewhat of a weather nerd, so I think it's so cool that we are about to experience it.

Today I have a brand that I have never reviewed before. Kyse is a small indie brand that is known to specialize in gourmand fragrances. Well, this little thing here is quite quirky! Let's get into it!


The Scent 

Vertigo Cuir opens up with a very aggressive and offensive leathery note and some nondescript sweetness. To me, it smells like burnt sugar. It's also plasticky. It's really, really weird. Honestly, this opening turned me off from trying it for a while. It's just really bad.

Give it around 30 minutes and the leather tones down and starting smelling like actual leather. Then you can pick out the buttery caramel and creamy vanilla. The gourmand notes and leather dance around each other. Each sniff fades in and out, from leather to gourmand. It's quite interesting. It still maintains some of that plasticky vibe, but it's much more tolerable now.  There is a soft hint of powdery musk in the dry down as well.

This scent isn't very complex, but these notes do make it interesting because it's just very different and quite bold. At the same time, it's also quite wearable.


My Opinion

This one falls in the same category at Tom Ford's F'ing Fabulous for me, meaning that I am not sure what to think of it. On one hand, I enjoy the gourmand aspect and the leather makes it interesting, but the plasticky vibe still ruins it for me personally. It still smells like burnt sugar a little bit in the dry down. I applaud the perfumer for being bold and making something different, but I am just not sure that I would wear this one. It's just not my style. That doesn't mean it's a bad fragrance, but I would certainly try before you buy with this one, even though it's cheap.

Vertigo Cuir is decidedly unisex. It's very casual as well. If I wore this, I certainly would do it while being dressed up. It lacks the complexity and class of something more formal in nature. This could work for any age group and would work best in the cooler months. I am also getting around 9 hours on skin with it with my own nose. I am not sure about projection and sillage because I haven't been anywhere to test it

There is something about this fragrance that makes me want to keep smelling it. I am not sure if that is because I want to see if it's still bad or I want to see if the leather or gourmand notes are more prominent in it. I do have a feeling that this one might grow on me, but as for now, I will keep my opinion as neutral on it because I am not sure if I will give this one any more wearings to find that out. It is quite a quirky little fragrance and I am sure people who like to step out of the box will enjoy the creativity here.


Conclusion

Thank you for stopping by once again! I know this one was a bit shorter, but it was easier to analyze this one since I only get a few notes from it. Have a great day everyone! Remember, a kind word is free and you can make someone's day with it. You never know what someone is going through in life. It doesn't hurt us to be kind.

Let's pray for our black brothers and sisters in their fight for equality and justice. Let's be cognizant of ourselves and help support them and come up with ways to help and not harm.

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment