Tuesday, June 16, 2020

My Top 10 Most Complimented Fragrances

I am not sure why I used this picture, but I thought it was cute. Source

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome back. I hope today is treating you well and you are blessed beyond your comprehension.

I haven't done a top 10 list in almost a year. They always seemed like too much hype for me. I did a vote in my blog's Facebook group and they unanimously voted for me to start doing them again, so here I am.

The reason I wanted to do this particular one is because I wear a lot of different fragrances and I think m,y list will be much different than your typical "compliment monsters". Yes, I have BdC EDP and Parfum, Sauvage, Aventus, and many other hyped fragrances. However, none of them are on my list. In order to get people's attention, the fragrance needs to fit you.

Don't take this as a hype list. Don't go out and buy these because I said people comment on them. They work for me and my personality. They might not work for you. Always sample first. I do think there are some good fragrances in this list that get overshadowed by other more popular ones.

This list is going off my impression from my memory. I don't really count compliments. I rarely speak about them, as most of my readers know. I am just doing this to change people's perceptions on compliments and the variety of fragrances you can safely wear with confidence.

I have rambled on too much now, let's get into it!


10. Cristiano Ronaldo Legacy Private Edition

Source

I am convinced that Legacy Private Edition is only this far down the list because I got it shortly before the pandemic started. So, if this were normal, then I think this would be higher on the list. This is a pretty good quality celebrity fragrance containing a nice woody sandalwood note with maple, amber, and tonka. It's only slightly sweet. The woody sandalwood pops out the most to my nose and makes it very masculine off my skin, with only a slight sweetness to it. This one is quite underrated and people around me enjoy when I wear it.


9. Mugler A*Men Pure Malt



Mugler Pure Malt is still one of my favorites. I haven't spoken of it in a while, but I still wear it and people still love it. This boozy semi-gourmand is seen as unique where I live. Not many people know about it here and it's one of my comfort scents in the cooler weather.


8. Givenchy Gentleman EDP

Source

Gentleman Givenchy is a balsamic and sweet floral fragrance with a predominant iris note. Akin to Dior Homme and Valentino Uomo instance, but standing on its own with its black vanilla, spice, and iris, and lavender combo. This gets better reactions from people around me than the Valentino and Dior. It's also the most readily available one of the three.



7. Genre Parfums R.A.M.C.

Credit: Genre Parfums

This might be one of the "hyped" ones on this list. People who know about Genre know about this one. This is a sweet citrusy fragrance with a potent dose of sweet bergamot and tart lemon with a dry down of heavier woods and white musk. It's a real crowd-pleaser for sure. I am sure this one would be higher on the list if I had a chance to wear it more, but I am always testing stuff for review. I have four fragrances from Genre and his one is my favorite. 


6. Lalique Pour Homme



Lalique Pour Homme is a lighter take on a classic fougere. Vaguely reminiscent of Creed Bois du Portugal, this is a classy fragrance. This one can be dressed up or down, but I find I get better reactions to it when I am slightly dressed up. You need to really love lavender, sandalwood, and cedar to appreciate this one.


5. Alexandria Mr. Sillage


This was the first Alexandria I owned. They caught my attention when they offered this one to help support Chris' family after he passed. This is probably one of my most special fragrances because of that. This is from the first batch that was made and went to his family. It's a take on Jo Malone Myrrh and Tonka. It's balsamic, sweet, and somewhat mentholated. It's a very nice fragrance that is very strong and gets attention.

I only have around half of the bottle left, so I don't wear it as often as I used to. However, I have worn it more than any other Alexandria fragrance, so that alone makes it my most complimented from the house.

RIP, Chris. Until Valhalla. Go frag yourself.


4. Zaharoff Signature


This is another one you could say is hyped. I had this one way before the hype train started. I have worn it quite a bit. It's a balsamic, sweet, woody, and clean floral fragrance that harkens back to the classics while staying perfectly modern. There is a reason that most people love this in the fragrance community. It's the same reason people outside the fragrance community do. It's just that good.


3. Burberry Touch(Tie)



Burberry Touch is proof that being clean is never underappreciated. This powdery violet, citrus, and woody fragrance is versatile and will keep you smelling fresh all day. This one is seriously popular with men and women alike. Being clean never goes out of style.


3. Acqua di Gio Absolu (Tie)


This bottle is quite difficult to take a picture of...

Acqua di Gio Absolu is a little bit similar to Invictus Aqua. It has less of that bubblegum sweetness. It also added tonka and heavier woods to it, while maintaining that classic ADG bergamot note. So, it comes off as a more masculine take on it and makes it more wearable for guys who are a bit older (such as me). This one is certainly a crowd pleaser and garners me more attention than Hawas does. It's just a better scent profile for me as well.


2. Happyland Signature


Source

Happyland Signature is a spicy oriental with gourmand facets. it's like if you took Parfums de Marly Oajan and Arabian Oud's Kalemat and mashed them together. Dry tobacco, cinnamon, creamy spiced amber, creamy vanilla, and woody oud. It's a masculine sweet and sexy fragrance. This one seems to garner attention quite often. I love wearing this one too. It makes me confident. I rally love this one.


1. Scentstory 24 Gold



24 Gold is another Kalemat style fragrance. I guess these really work on me. Creamy spiced amber, oud, golden vanilla, and dry sandalwood create a magical aroma that entices everyone around you. It seems like every other time I wear this someone comments on it. This one holds my most compliments in a single day for me as well. It's just an amazingly seductive vanilla and woody scent with some spice. I called this one of my best pickups of the winter over a year ago and that still holds true.


Conclusion

I hope you all enjoyed this one. It's slightly different than what I normally post. Sometimes a change of pace is what is needed.

Remember, don't blind buy these because they work for me. I just wanted to show that you don't have to buy all hyped stuff if you want to smell good to those around you. Figure out what suits your style and go with it. Don't fall victim to what people tell you to do. be your own man/woman.

Also, the best way to get compliments is to be a good person. People are much more inclined to compliment people who are approachable.

Be blessed. Remember that a kind word is free and you can change someone's life with one. Don't hesitate to be kind. There are enough jerks in the world.

Let's pray for our black brothers and sisters who face injustices. Let's pray that we can all understand and help them. Let's pray that we can work together to make this world a better place for everyone.

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

3 comments:

  1. So the Genre isn't a clone of something? And I agree HL Signature is a beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the list. I have never heard of Happyland fragrances but will be sure to check them out. Would also like to try Genre Parfums. Thanks for your kind and uplifting words and be blessed,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I am glad you enjoyed the list!

      Delete