Sunday, June 7, 2020

For the Modern Man: Genre Parfums The Gentleman Review

No, it's not snowing here. I just liked this picture.

Greetings, everyone! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today. I have another one from Genre for you today. It's been quite a while since I have reviewed anything from this house. I still really enjoy the house. I just keep missing the ordering windows or I don't have any money when they have it open. On e day I will be able to get some more from them...

This was not sent to me by Genre. A friend of mine who has no affiliation with them gave it to me. As always, my opinions are always my own.

The Gentleman is an inspiration for a 2012 batch of Dior's Eau Sauvage Parfum, which is quite a legendary line of fragrances. I have not smelled the original of this fragrance. Let's see how it holds up! Let's get into it!


The Scent

The Gentleman opens up with bergamot and green petitgrain. Right off, the balsamic and warm myrrh is noticeable, which paints the picture for the rest of this fragrance. It wraps those citrus notes in a warm blanket and gives contrast to the mild sweetness from the bergamot.

Powdery, clean, and elegant, the lavender rises in the heart of the fragrance. Giving it that clean and somewhat old school masculine feel, but this fragrance is rooted in a modern design. The bergamot tames itself and gives only a mild citric feel. The petitgrain almost vanishes altogether.

The vetiver shows a bt in the heart, but in the base is where it really comes out. It's very woody. Coupled with the balsamic attributes of the myrrh, it almost gives a piney and minty feel, but not quite. A bit of dry oakmoss also emerges in the base. It has a woody character to it as well.

Overall, what you get is a warm myrrh and woody vetiver fragrance with clean and powdery lavender, while being supported by bergamot and oakmoss.


My Opinion

Genre's The Gentleman is a great fragrance. It doesn't smell synthetic or scratchy. It's blended quite well and all of the notes mesh together to create the minty and piney feel. It's a pretty masculine and somewhat formal fragrance. I'd say this fragrance is for working professionals and not younger men.

I get around 9 hours on skin with it, 3 of those project pretty heavily. Even though it is somewhat formal, I do not suggest it for office wear because the projection is quite heavy at first. It's more well suited for a nighttime fragrance to me.

I think this fragrance can be worn indoors all year long, but not in the high heat. It's probably best as a winter and early spring scent. I wear it whenever I want though.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my take on Genre's The Gentleman. This was an unexpected treat that i really enjoy wearing. For 25 bucks, this is a no brainer for me. I still suggest sampling it before you purchase it. It does have a slightly old school vibe.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be a blessing to someone and be kind. A kind word is always free. You never know how much you could help someone today.

I don't like to get political on here, but given current events...I ask everyone to pray for our black brothers and sisters in their fight for equality. Pray that everyone else can see a way to help us end this once and for all, so we can all live in peace and in fairness.

I would also like to point out that Genre is a black-owned small business. Devin is a great and humble guy who is honest and straightforward. I only point that out because I saw someone looking to support black-owned businesses the other day, so I figured I would point that out, in case you'd like to.


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Great review and very informative. I look forward for more reviews from you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete