Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Tag Topic: Reviewers Releasing Their Own fragrances

Source

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great morning. I am sorry that I haven't been around very often. I am working on a new project that I will be announcing soon, so stay tuned for that.

Well, my big mouth got me in trouble. I commented on Cody Mims' video on "Reviewers Releasing Their Own fragrances" that I was glad I wasn't tagged, so he then messaged me on FB and tagged me. I didn't really want to do this because my viewpoint might be taken as controversial to some, but I am going to do it anyway. I am going to be 100% honest about the good and bad here.

Before I start this, I will let you know that I have not tried a fragrance from a reviewer yet. Well, except Kerosene. He doesn't review anymore, so I don't count that. So, most of this will be me looking in from the outside and my opinion on it. If my opinion makes you angry, then maybe you should take a deep breath and realize that this is just scented water. Everyone has an opinion. I won't get angry at you for disagreeing.

I am going to stop yapping now. Let's get into it!


Good or Bad?

The Good


I have two perspectives on this. First off, I think it's a good thing. Reviewers smell hundreds of different fragrances and know exactly what people look for when purchasing a fragrance. So, that sort of expertise is very beneficial.

It also gives people a way to get something out of supporting their favorite reviewers other than Patreon and donations, so it works for both parties there.


The Bad

This is where I am probably going to get a little bit of heat. It can be a very bad thing for several reasons. First off, if that reviewer takes their fame and the trust that people have placed in them and creates something that they know is inferior. So, essentially that would be a cash grab. I totally understand wanting to make some money. This is an expensive hobby. Just don't take advantage of people to do it.

I haven't smelled any of the fragrances, as I stated before, but if any of the reviewers creating their own fragrance have done this, then perhaps it's time to look back at where you came from. Your viewers and subs got you to where you are. All of that ad revenue that allowed you to buy new stuff and the free bottles you got because of your fame is because of them. You don't turn your back on them.

Again, I am not accusing anyone of doing this. I doubt any of the reviewers in question would even read my little blog, but that's okay.

Secondly, your reputation is on the line. All of those years spent making videos and working your tail off could come crashing down. When you decide to release your own juice, if it's not received well by the fragrance community then it could bring about your downfall.

Thirdly, the domino effect. If the current releases that are out or planned from reviewers turn out to be as controversial as the first few...Then you are damaging the reputation of reviewers and their chance to make their own fragrance. It just creates mistrust in reviewers in general and that is not a good thing. There will always be haters though. If a fragrance is generally not liked by anyone, then that could be an issue that causes damage to the fragrance community as a whole.

The Neutral 

I want to say something about the accusations of the fragrances being clones. Just because something is similar does not make it a clone. There are only so many notes you can mix together in the tens of thousands of fragrances on the market. Something is bound to smell like something else unless you use unique notes like gunpowder, mushroom, rubber, and other fantasy type notes. It basically comes down to if you like the smell for the price you paid.


Conclusion

Again, I have not smelled any of these. I am basing my opinion off of generality and not experience. I have nothing against Steven or Jeremy. I don't even really watch many reviewers these days because I don't have much time. I wish them both a ton of success if they are doing things properly. Well, if any of the rumors end up being true, then the old saying goes, "a liar is always found out" rings true. Let nature take its course and things will be revealed eventually.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be blessed and keep smelling great and being honest. Much love to all of you. Make sure to join my FB group if you are wanting to know about my next announcement, which I should be making next week.

I don't even know who has been tagged, so I am not going to tag anyone else, sorry.

Cody Mims' Video

I started up a Facebook page for my blog. It would be awesome if you could go give it a like, review, or rating. Feel free to be honest if you think I can improve! Link


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment