Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Cut Through the Cold: Xerjoff Naxos Review

Source

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! I hope you all are having a wonderful day today. It's a nice cool day here in South Carolina, so I decided to wear Xerjoff Naxos. I have had this fragrance for a few months, but I am just now getting around to reviewing it. I have probably worn it around 8 times now, so I think I have a good handle on what this fragrance is telling me.

This decant was sent to me for free by Raymond Ford. He also included a sample of AmourOud Santal des Indes, which I will touch on later. Now, Raymond sent this to me for Veteran's Day because I am a veteran, so he didn't do it to get a shoutout, but I am giving him and his wife one anyways. His wife has a Youtube channel called Swift Scents. Raymond makes random appearances on her channel. They also sell decants of many fragrances on https://www.swiftsscents.com/. Be sure to go and check them out and show them some love. Again, thank you, Raymond. I appreciate it.

Okay, let's get down to business and see what my take on Naxos is. Let's get into it!

Since this is a decant, I will not be covering the presentation in this one. The bottle and presentation do look pretty amazing from the pictures though.


Notes

Top 


Lemon, Bergamot, and Lavender

Heart

Jasmine, Honey, Cashmere, and Cinnamon

Base

Tobacco Leaf, Tonka Bean, and Vanilla


The Scent 

Opening


Naxos opens with a blast of dryness and powdery lavender. I was surprised by this with the citrus top notes of bergamot and lemon, but I could only detect a slight bit of sour lemon in the opening.


Dry Down

You get a bit of the honey shortly thereafter. It's not sickly sweet. It's used to soften up this fragrance a bit. The tobacco leaf accord is earthy and a soil vibe with a bit of greenness to it. The tonka is dry and dry and creates a dry tobacco vibe. The vanilla adds a bit of creaminess to the honey. The lavender gives a slightly soapy vibe and gives Naxos a powdery vibe throughout the entire life of this fragrance.

This fragrance is somewhat linear to me, which makes me think that they used mostly aroma chemicals to create this. Which isn't a bad thing. I will touch more on that later.


Performance

Naxos is a very strong performer. I am getting around 10 hours with 4 of those being at least arm's length projection This is not one you can go heavy on the sprays with, for sure. People will smell this before they see you.


When to Wear it

Naxos can be dressed up or down. It's pretty versatile in that regard. You could even use this for a date night fragrance. I think you could wear this with jeans and a flannel or a tuxedo.

I find this composition to be masculine. The dryness it evokes speaks masculine to me. I don't see a woman wearing this, but to each their own.

This is 100% a cold-weather fragrance. The dry spices envision fall very well. The sweetness from the honey can cut through the cold air of winter.


Overall Impression

Naxos is a very elegant fragrance. The way the creamy honey dances with the dry accords of tobacco, tonka, and cinnamon is beautiful. The slight dirtiness from the tobacco leaf gives then a niche edge and makes it more unique than Pure Havane. This is a superior fragrance to the Mugler, by far.

As I said earlier, this fragrance smells like it is composed mostly of aroma chemicals. I do think it could be better with some natural vanilla and lavender to soften it up a bit more. At the price they are asking for this(220 USD), I would expect a few more naturals to be used to round out the composition a bit better. As it stands though, I like Naxos and think it's a solid release. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite fragrances, but it certainly has a place in my collection as a tobacco lover.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my take on Naxos. I am still waiting on my logo to launch my Youtube. I don't have an estimated time when it will be done. The guy doing it is quite busy, so I am not in a rush, even though I am quite excited to launch my channel.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. keep smelling great and doing great! Until next time, be blessed.

My Youtube channel(If you want to get a head start for when I start posting videos)(Hopefully that will be in two weeks or less)

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Very nice take on Naxos. You hit it on all the levels. Thanks for the shout out and would be glad to help you in the future if you need products for review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it, raymond. I have a ton of stuff to review right now. I was happy to give you a shout out.

      Delete