Friday, January 3, 2020

FragComm Fridays: Matt Hand, The Georgia Gent


Good afternoon! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. It's been raining for the past 2 days here, almost nonstop. I am not complaining though. The sound of rain relaxes me.

I have another entry into my FragComm Fridays series for you today. This guy is a newer reviewer who has been catching a bit of steam lately. He is none other than Matt Hand, also known as Georgia Gent. Matt is a very nice person and he is growing fast. I am always happy when I see good people prosper. Let's get into it!


The Interview 
1. What is your favorite fragrance? YSL l’homme Ultime 2. How did you get into reviewing and why? It was around the time that I was looking into speech therapy, I was watching reviewers like Jeremy, Big Beard Business, Ross(TLTG), and Mr Cheap Scents. The confidence that they had speaking on camera made me think, maybe if I talk to the camera then I can sit down and talk with ease like that. Fast forward maybe two weeks into me having a channel, before I put my face on youtube, I met (Keith) Mr cheap Scents at TJ Maxx, I was star struck lol. Later on, we got in contact and we made a fragrance trade, I think I traded him 4 or 5 but he gave me 60+ fragrances in that trade. I got home with all of those fragrances and knew what I had I to do. Having reviewing be my creative outlet was and is one of my favorite parts about it all. 3. What is your most wanted fragrance right now? I really want try the new Dior Homme, I know it’s getting some hate because of the lack of iris, but I’m a big fan of fresh fragrances and it’s appealing to me. 4. What is your favorite fragrance brand right now? Fragrance.One Just kidding I gotta say Xerjoff, I only own two of their fragrances but I will 100% be getting more at some point. 5. Who is your favorite perfumer? I’m not very familiar with a ton of them, but Alberto Morillas is great one 6. You seem to prefer designer style fragrances. Why is that? Mass-appealing and cheaper than niche(for the most part). Indie houses are interesting. I’m enjoying watching Scentitar Fragrances and learning about those. 7. What is your favorite note and why? Grapefruit, here in Georgia it gets all kinds of hot and muggy and grapefruit to me is just very refreshing 8. What is your least favorite note and why? Leather, I have yet to try a leather fragrance that is meant for me. 9. How many fragrances do you own? 172 10. If you had to pick 5 fragrances for the rest of your life, what would they be? Nautica Voyage Xerjoff Naxos YSL Ultime ADG Profumo Creed Aventus 11. What is the fragrance that you use the least in your collection? The entire line of Black is Black, I’ve sprayed them all only 2-3 times for an initial impression video. 12. Do you have any future plans for yoru channel that you can tell us about? When I get my new camera, expect more outdoor footage, collaborations with different non-fragrance YouTube channels, and the occasional video to shake up the fragrance community. Conclusion There you have it. A small look into some of Matt's tastes and what he thinks about some stuff. I am surprised he knew exactly how many fragrances he had. I lost count at about 150. Props to him. Remember to go check out his Youtube channel and show him some love. Georgia Gent Youtube I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day. Remember to be honest and make this world a better place. There are enough hateful people around. Just because you're opinion differs from someone else's doesn't mean they are wrong. Be humble and gracious and show love. Y'all come back now, ya hear? (Sorry, I am feeling goofy today)

No comments:

Post a Comment