Friday, December 6, 2019

The Return of FragComm Fridays: Scott Harrington




Hey, folks! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am glad you stopped by once again. Your support really means a lot to me.


I decided to start up my FragComm Fridays series again. I have had numerous requests to do it, so here it is. For those of you who are new to my blog, FragComm Fridays is a weekly interview with a Youtuber, business owner, or a well-known person in the fragrance community. It's just a short written interview, but it helps give us a look inside some of these people we see around the groups a lot. So, I think it's a pretty cool thing.

This week I have Scott Harrington, from the Youtube channel, Luxury Fragrance Boss. Scott is a big niche lover and an avid gym-goer who isn't afraid to tell you if he doesn't like something, but he always does it respectfully. I hope you enjoy this interview. Let's get into it!


The Interview 

1. What is your favorite fragrance?

Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian, I love boozy fragrances and this for me is just the perfect hypnotic blend of rum, vanilla, and dried fruits.

2. What fragrance made you start collecting?

My father always liked his fragrances and I take after him in many ways, I pretty much started collecting as soon as I got my first fragrance, then every birthday and Christmas I would ask for fragrances, I had around 20 bottles by the age of 16/17

3. What was your first fragrance?

Davidoff Cool Water (after seeing my dad complimented on it by an air hostess while I was young)

4. You typically review niche fragrances. What is your reasoning for that?

When I moved to Grand Cayman just over 7 years ago I was introduced to Creed as I work for the retailer, before long I had a few bottles and that was all I was wearing, then my company brought in Amouage and I realized there were other luxury brands out there so I started researching, from there on I became very passionate about the smaller lesser known houses and exploring as many as I can. 

5. What is your favorite house?


My wife and I recently adopted kittens and I named the male Kilian, if that gives you a clue. I love so many fragrances from this house, although recently Widian and Clive Christian are really growing on me.

6. Do you have any plans for your Youtube channel that you can tell us about?

My main focus is to continue to find and review the best fragrances in the world of niche. My channel is still very young so I'm excited to see where it goes. I am always open to new ideas and how I can improve my channel from my subscribers.

7. You are big into fitness. What is your favorite gym fragrance?

I generally train right after work Mon-Fri so I use that to test the longevity of whichever fragrance I'm testing for the day. By choice though, I enjoy wearing fresher scents to the gym. I love Molecule 01 or Creed Original Vetiver for playing tennis, golf, or my gym workouts because they are very cooling fragrances for the Caribbean heat.

8. What is your favorite fragrance memory?

I don't think I could narrow it down to just 1, the most powerful thing about fragrances is how they can spark off a memory instantly. I love it when a fragrance reminds me of something my dad wore when I was young, an experience, or a place.  For example, Tauer L'air du Dessert Morocain smells just how I remember my vacation to Egypt almost 20 years ago.

9. What is your favorite thing about the FragComm?

I love how everyone has somewhere to come together to share their passion for fragrances and engage with other like-minded people.

10. What is your least favorite thing about the FragComm?

The negativity of a few, it frustrates me to see unnecessary derogatory comments and how people are judged for their choice in fragrances, If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing!  Participating in the Fragcomm should be an enjoyable and positive experience, not somewhere you feel judged or cyberbullied.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but think about how you would feel if that comment was aimed at you before you post it.

11. Have your fragrance tastes changed at all living in a warmer climate?

Definitely, when I first moved to the Caribbean I would wear fresh scents pretty much all the time but now that I'm much more acclimatized I tend to prefer warmer woody scents. I have no problem wearing what most would consider a heavy winter fragrance like Interlude Man in the heat.

12. What is your favorite "dumb reach" fragrance?

Creed Viking would be the scent I reach for the most when I'm unsure of what to wear. I find it a great fragrance for most occasions and my wife loves it too.

13. Is there anything else you would like everyone to know?


I love fragrances and I love reviewing them. I am very grateful and appreciative of all the people that I've met through Fragcomm on my journey so far and will meet in my future. I am very thankful to John for this opportunity to work together and very thankful for all my subscribers and supporters to my Youtube channel and Instagram.


Conclusion

There you have it, folks! A small look into the mind of the Luxury Fragrance Boss. I hope you enjoyed some of his insights. I personally agree with many of the things he said. Next week I will have someone else to interview. However, there might not be one on the week of Christmas. We shall see how it goes.

Don't forget to go check out Scott's channel. He has a lot of unknown niche reviews that no one else does. He's a good source of information if you are looking to get into high-end fragrances!


Scott's Channel


I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Keep smelling great and doing great things. You never know who is watching. Be a beacon of kindness. the world already has enough jerks!


Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment