Wednesday, December 4, 2019

My Fragrant Christmas Wish List

Source

Season's greetings, everyone! I hope everyone is having a merry holiday season so far. I am glad to see you stop by once again. I appreciate all of the support! It helps me keep doing this day after day.

So, I have to apologize for the misleading title of this article. I was honestly going to do a wish list for Christmas. Then I started thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I could use this to motivate people to get back into the Christmas spirit. After all, Christmas isn't about gifts and getting stuff. It's about memories and spending time with loved ones. Our society has strayed too far away from this ideal into a "give me everything" mentality.

So, I will admit that I do actually have a Christmas wish list for fragrances, but this article is far more important than adding a few fragrances to my large collection. This article is about getting back to the true meaning of Christmas.

This isn't a top 10 or any sort of prioritized list. This article just consists of topics and my thoughts on them. I hope you enjoy it. Let's get into it!

Warning: This article is not politically correct. It does contain religious excerpts. No, I am not sorry for that, but if you don't like it you can click the escape button your browser.

The Article

Christmas is about love. It's about family. It's about memories. It's about caring for your fellow humans and showing them that you care. That is where gift-giving originated from.

It's sort of funny when you find people who despise Christ, but they are the first ones to jump on the train and ask for gifts for Christmas. Now, I am not saying that you have to be Christian to enjoy Christmas, but it seems contradictory to despise Him, yet try to reap benefits from a holiday named after Him. I am not going to get into the whole WInter Solstice debate about this, I just wanted to add that small bit because I think it's ironic.

Christmas has turned into a commercialized version of what it was meant to be. A "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality of who can get or give the most expensive gifts. Where did we go wrong? Christmas is meant to be a celebration of life, family, and joy, but these days it seems to be the opposite of that. It seems to be about greed and cheesy Hallmark movies. I will admit that I do enjoy some of the Hallmark Christmas movies. Call me girly if you'd like. I enjoy what I like.

So, here are a few focal points that I think we can all benefit from this holiday season.


Traditions

Every family seems to have Christmas traditions. From the way they decorate the tree to festivities on Christmas Eve. Some of them may seem cheesy and outdated, but folks, that is where memories are made. They are made with these traditions. Things you will never forget about your family and loved ones.

I encourage you to embrace these traditions because that is what family is about. You never know if this will be the last Christmas you get to spend with someone or even if it will be your last. We are never promised tomorrow, so make use of today.


Family

Christmas is very family-oriented. Yes, sometimes your in-laws drive you crazy. Sometimes they might put a damper on your Christmas spirit, but they are still family. Cherish the time you have with them. Do your best to stay positive and it might catch on to those around you. Don't waste these moments with idle thoughts of discontent.


Gifts

This is a major one. Give in love to those who you love. Don't go for the most expensive things. Put thought and love into them. Too many times people go with the gift card route and that just ruins the fun. Give something from your heart.

Some of my favorite gifts have been things that don't cost very much or they were handmade. When someone takes the time to make something for you, that means they cherish you. That is an amazing feeling and that means more than an expensive bottle of Roja to me.

Don't ask for the most expensive gifts either. Be humble and courteous. Some people will go out of their way and go broke to make others happy. Please don't be a conduit of that. Surely there are some least expensive things you could ask for.


Love

Christmas is about loving your fellow man. We should be making sure our neighbors have food to eat and a warm coat instead of spending money frivolously on things we don't need, such as huge holiday fragrance hauls.

Now, I am not saying to not buy fragrances. Treat yourself as well, but don't go overboard. There are many people who are suffering around us. If we are in a position to help those, then we should. At least I would hope that most people would.

If you are like me and don't have money to spare, then you can always give time. You can volunteer at a soup kitchen or clean out your old jackets and give them to the homeless. This should be a holiday season only thing, but it's certainly important for people to stay warm this time of the year.


Fragrances

This is a fragrance blog, so I will cover this a bit. We all have plenty of fragrances that we don't use. Clean them out and give them to a less fortunate fraghead. You will make his Christmas extra special. We are a fragrance community, which should be a family, so let's show out fellow fragheads that we care for each other this holiday season.


Conclusion

We are the fragrance community. I know how easy it is to get caught up in holiday sales. I do it myself. I am not saying to not purchase from the fine companies in our community. I am only trying to say that we should exercise caution and make sure our fellow fragheads are getting by. I am still trying to think of something to do for Christmas for the fragrance community, but I haven't pinned anything down yet. If anyone has an idea then feel free to PM me.

We all have passion. We are here for that reason. It only takes a spark to make a fire. How many sparks can we make this holiday season? That is up to you, my friends. I am only trying to put things into perspective.

I am well aware that I will probably get a lot of negative responses for this article, especially since I dared to utter the name of Jesus, but I don't care. I could lose every one of my followers today and it wouldn't bother me. I know I did the right thing and at the end of the day, that is all that matters to me.

I hope all of you have a blessed and merry holiday season. Spread love, joy, and good tidings to those around you. You never know who you might be able to help. Be a light unto the world and you might find out that the light will shine back at you for doing so. Until next time, keep smelling amazing and being amazing.

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment