Monday, December 7, 2020

Elegant: Jivago Le Cadeau/The Gift Review

 



Good Afternoon! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am fantastic. I have a lot of reviews to catch up on though, so I am quite busy typing them out. So, expect to see a lot more articles over the next few days. I know I keep saying that, but it will happen this time, haha. 

I have a perfume from Jivago to review today, it's called Le Cadeau or The Gift. Le cadeau means "the gift" in French, so I will be using the English variation from here on out. I don't usually review products that are totally feminine on my blog. I usually do unisex or masculine fragrances. However, this one was sent to me by Jivago for review. I have no affiliation with them and I was not influenced to say anything about this fragrance other than my own opinion. I get absolutely nothing if you decide to purchase this fragrance.

With all of that out of the way, let's see what this one is about! Let's get into it!


The Story

Springtime in France...The flowers are in bloom and the grass turns to a vibrant green hue signaling that it is bursting with new life. The birds as merrily chirping while the clear blue sky stretches as far as the eye can see. The warm, but still crisp air beckons you to spend more time outdoors. A beautiful white house stands amidst the serenity...

The back door opens and out steps a woman dressed in a lightly colored lilac dress. The sun touches her blonde hair and makes the sparkles dance with the sun's rays. She walks over and sits down at a white table that serves as a lovely place to sit and view the lush garden. She has her breakfast while sipping on an Earl Grey tea and reading a book. She is a woman of class, manners, and respect. This is her happy place before the day begins...


The Scent

The Gift opens up with a fruity peach, that is brightened up even more by ylang-ylang. A dusting of clean rose and jasmine serve as a very feminine backbone and offer cleanliness to the scent. The jasmine is super clean, it's not indolic at all. Clean and powdery white musk joins the foray along with semi-sweet and airy vanilla.

You end up getting a very powdery, slightly airy, and vaguely sweet scent that is brightened by ylang-ylang. This is certainly a sweet floral musk fragrance, which is quite popular with women, and for good reason...


My Opinion

The Gift is a very feminine fragrance to me. Most of you know that I am not afraid to wear fragrances marketed towards women, but I can't pull this one off. However, this is the type of fragrance that I do love on a woman. It's a classic composition, but with modern ingredients. It's very elegant and classy.

I am not always a fan of the more fruity scents on women, but the peach is done very well. The ylang-ylang is used expertly to keep this fragrance bright and cheerful instead of smelling just only soap. The clean rose and jasmine along with the musk are the most dominant notes to me, along with enough of the ylang-ylang to keep it interesting. The vanilla plays a supporting role in this one, but you can certainly pick it out. 

The bottle is quite unique with the crystallized stand that it comes with to display it. It looks elegant and smells that way. I am no expert on women's perfumes...or perfumes in general, but I think it's a nice fragrance. It's not a love for me, only a like.

It would rank a bit higher for me if it was a bit cheaper. I think $200 USD is the absolute most you should pay for a fragrance like this and that is what it is priced at. Hopefully, they will have a holiday sale that makes it more affordable. I think that it is still worth it though. At first,  thought the price was absurd, but as I wore it more and more, I came to decide that it's an okay price for what you get.


This fragrance does last an incredibly long time on me. I get at least 10 hours from this. It seems impossible to scrub off in the shower too. I tried many times. I didn't want to smell that feminine when I had to do errands. So, this is a very strong fragrance. 

The Gift embodies a springtime fragrance, as you saw in my story. This would be a decent work fragrance for women. I do think it is quite versatile in its approach and can be worn for all seasons and situations, except maybe the gym. It would certainly be strange to smell this on a woman at the gym.


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review on The Gift. If any of you ladies have tried this one, let me know your thoughts. I am not as familiar with women's scent profiles, but I'd like to learn more. 

I hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe and remember to always say a kind word to someone. You never know who it could help. These are difficult times for all of us. One simple word could keep someone from going over the edge. This is the season of joy and love. Let's spread it like wildfire!

Until next time(which I hope is soon), happy holidays.



Buy The Gift here


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment