Thursday, December 3, 2020

Coffee Mania: Happyland's Coffee Trio

 


Good morning! I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their day. There is nothing like a nice cup of hot coffee on a cold morning to start your day. Even though I am drinking a cinnamon tea right now. Sacrilegious, I know. I should be ashamed. That brings me to the purpose of this article, Happyland Studio has created a line of 3 potent coffee fragrances. I keep seeing people ask which one is best or what the differences are. That is what I seek to answer here. 

I am friends with E.J. Wells(The owner of Happyland Studio). I think he's a great human being and a good friend. I have been supporting him since before Happyland went public. He did send me all three of these for free, at various different times. I would love to say that I am unbiased, but given my opinion on E.J. and who he is, I cannot make such a claim. So, keep in mind that this could be a bit biased from my perspective. These are still solely my opinions and Happyland did not influence me to say anything.

Now that we have that taken care of, let's get into it!



Dawnbuster




Main Notes: Coffee, Vetiver, and Labdanum

Link: Dawnbuster


Dawnbuster is the most basic coffee fragrance of the line. Coincidentally, it's also the latest release. I guess some folks were asking for a more barebones approach to the coffee DNA and that is what he did here.

What you get here is strong, dark, and black roasted coffee paired with some ambery labdanum and nutty vetiver. This entry is focused more on the coffee as the centrifugal part of the fragrance it says that without any shame

It's basic, like the guy who goes to the local coffee shop and orders a black coffee. He takes pleasure in a minimalist approach, while still enjoying the finer things. When I say basic, I mean it's the most basic of the coffee line. I am not saying that this one is generic by any means.

 
Cuir Cafe 





Main Notes: Coffee, Labdanum, Suede, Leather, and Apricot

Link: Cuir Cafe


Cuir Cafe was one of the original releases from Happyland Studio. It was also one of the fragrances that put Happyland on people's radars. So, you can say this is the original, even though it smells vastly different than the other two. Also, I know mine has a strange label. Yours will not come like this. This was label he used before he got the real ones in when he launched Happyland.

Cuir Cafe opens up with a fruity accord, which the website says is apricot, but I cannot identify it as such. It just smells like a fruity accord to me. It then shows the major players in this fragrance, which is the dark roasted coffee and sueded leather. The leather is similar to that which is used in Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather with what I perceive to be a soft saffron invoked suede note with a more potent leathery note behind it. It is slightly sweet with the ambery labdanum and the fruity accord that I mentioned earlier. 

This one is a bit more rugged than the other two. The sueded leather accord certainly takes this more into masculine territory over the other two.  If you think of Tuscan leather with black coffee spilled on it, then you will get an idea of what this smells like, even though that is only a slight comparison. 


Homme for the Holidays



Main Notes: Coffee, Amber, Nutmeg, and Maple

Link: Homme for the Holidays


Homme for the Holidays is my favorite name from Happyland. A play on words, that is quite catchy. Also with the Christmassy bottle design, this one is certainly charming outside of what is inside. 

Homme for the Holidays is a warmer, more inviting, and more complex fragrance than the other two in the trio. The nuttiness comes out much more vividly with the addition of nutmeg. A cozy and inviting amber touches with the maple sweetness to create something truly alluring. Of course, the coffee is front and center here, like the others. 

This one is much more complex, nuanced, and the most complete of the line to me. That's not to say that the others aren't. I just think this one has the most going for it. 


Overview

Happyland's coffee trio is really good, in my opinion. I would suggest sampling all three to see which you like the best. Here is a shorter breakdown of all three...

Dawnbuster- A barebones coffee and woody fragrance without the pizazz of the other two, but it still holds its own.

Cuir Cafe- Suede and leather with coffee and fruit. More rugged and masculine. 

Homme for the Holidays- Coffee with maple and pumpkin spice with a warm amber. 


My personal favorite is Homme for the Holidays, which you probably guessed by my description. I lauded this as one of the best coffee fragrances I have smelled and that still holds true.

My favorite might not be yours. I wear all three of these fragrances depending on my mood. All three deserve a place in my collection and they will remain there for as long as they are in production. 

You might have noticed that not too much of the liquid is missing. This is because all 3 of these are very potent fragrances. I only use two sprays when I wear them. They easily last over 9 hours and project for 3-4 hours. Cuir Cafe is the strongest of the three, if that is what you are after. All three of them are for fall and winter.

This a really solid line and I think that anyone who enjoys coffee should try them. They may not be for everyone though, so make sure to samples first. Happyland does sell 5ml samples on their website. 


Conclusion

I hope everyone enjoyed my take on these 3 fragrances. I also hope it cleared up any confusion you might have had. 

Have a great rest of your day! I will see you next time. Remember to always say kind words when you get the chance. You never know how much it could help someone. Everyone could use a little holiday cheer this year.


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment