Friday, December 11, 2020

Creamy Goodness: Zaharoff Signature Royale Review

 



Good afternoon! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am doing fantastic! It's a nice mild day here and I am enjoying it before winter's icy grasp takes hold again. 

I have the second part of the Zaharoff Signature flankers for you today. Royale is a totally new take on Signature to me, while retaining a similar DNA with the original. I am excited about this one!

As I said with my review of Signature Noir...I might be biased for this article. I am a big fan of George and his mission, so I could subconsciously play into it without me realizing it. I also received this fragrance for free. George did not ask me to say anything about the fragrance. He didn't even ask me to review it. He just sent it. 

With that out of the way, let's get into it!


The Story

The crispier spring nights always have a charm to them, but also an annoyance. At one end, it's a welcomed relief from the heat. On the other, you never know what to wear to stay comfortable. Despite all of that, they bring out a sense of relaxation. A sense of carefree bliss, if you will. 

These nights can be among the most romantic with a special someone. A classy restaurant with a screened-in porch that allows you to enjoy the briskness of the night air. A velvety smell of luxury lingers about. People dressed in their Sunday bests and chatting about with their fellow diners. It's peaceful and relaxing. These are where memories are made. When couples become engaged, anniversaries are spent, and where the big deals are signed. Even when we try to suppress them, they still come back with one olfactive response. 


The Scent

Signature Royale opens up with a very amped up sandalwood note from the original. It's butter, creamy, and delicious. A very elegant and authentic sandalwood aroma that is met by powdered lavender from the original. There is also a generous helping of cardamom, which will delight lovers of the spice. I am one of those cardamom lovers. 

I also detect a good amount of iris in this, which isn't a listed note, but I am almost sure it's in here. It's not the makeup variety of iris, but more of the powdery type. I think this is the note that makes the base of the suede accord in the dry down.

As it transitions to the dry down, a very soft suede emerges. As I said previously, I think it's the iris creating this, as well as adding more butteriness to the sandalwood note. There is something fruity and sweet in the dry down. It's not potent, but you can tell it is there. It could be the amber mixing in with the apple. I am not entirely sure. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. There is a detectable amount of smooth patchouli in here as well, but I wouldn't say it's prominent to me. 

What you end up getting with Signature Royale is a creamy and butter sandalwood, with powdery notes, soft suede, spice, and a faint sweetness. 


The Other Details 

Signature Royale is a versatile year-round fragrance. It can fit into the warmer months just as well as the colder ones. You can wear it with a polo and chino shorts or a suit and tie. While it does remain versatile, it is not generic. 

The performance is acceptable on it. I get a good 7 hours or so, but only an hour or so of projection. This is a scent that is meant to sit closer to the skin. Many fragrances that are meant to be elegant perform in the same manner. This fragrance wouldn't have the same charm if it was loud and forceful. It will still leave a scent trail even when it's not projecting. 


My Opinion

When I first received Signature Royale I wasn't too impressed with it. It's a different sort of fragrance than what I expected. However, it did grow on me in the 9 or so times I wore it before reviewing it. 

The fragrance has a fitting name, it smells "royale". It has that velvety feeling that I mentioned in the story. I think that you need to have an appreciation for expensive smelling fragrances and powdery scents in order to fully appreciate this. I have an appreciation for both and it still confused me at first.

Overall, Royale is a fine addition to the lineup. I do enjoy Signature and Signature Noir more, but this one still has its place. It will be something I can reach for in the warmer months. I think the original Signature is a bit too much in the summer sometimes, so toning down the sweetness from Signature with Royale was a good thing to make this into a more friendly spring and summer fragrance. 

Just a note, Zaharoff does offer Noir, Royale, and Signature on his site for free to US residents. So, make sure to try them first. No matter what I said about them, you might not enjoy them. Always sample first!


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my take on Signature Royale. I hope to see you again next time. Remember to say a kind word to someone today. You never know who it might help. These are stressful times for many people. A kind word costs you nothing. 

Have a great day and happy holidays. Much love to all of you.


Buy Signature Royale here

Request a sample of Signature Royale here (Make sure to read the notice. He's currently sold out at this time. You might not get a sample until February or 2021)

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!



No comments:

Post a Comment