Saturday, July 11, 2020

Black Businesses Matter: Black-Owned Fragrance Businesses

Source

Hey, folks. I am glad you could join me again today. I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing fantastic, but it's a bit too toasty here for me. I am already ready for fall.

Today I will be covering something a bit different. Everyone knows what is going on around the world, and more specifically in the US. I wanted to find a way to show my support for the black community without making it political. I figured a good way to do this would be to showcase black businesses in the fragrance world, so that is what I am going to do. I am honestly surprised that no one has done this yet. At least, no one that I know of.

Most of you know I am not afraid to push the envelope and touch on real human issues in my articles and this is no different. This is something that I think we should all get behind.

Now that we got that out of the way, I will apologize if I missed any. Feel free to message me and tell me about any more that I might have missed. If there are enough other ones, then I will do another article on this in the future. I will not be including celebrity brands because they don't own the companies. They just get royalties from the brands using their names. That is not what this article is about.

Now, let's get into it!


Genre Parfums 

I am a bit bias with this one because I know the owner and consider him a friend. Devin Breaux is a class act. He runs Genre Parfums as a small business from his home in Louisiana. He started out doing clones and he has steadily been improving on his line of original fragrances. He's a gentleman, transparent, and has very fair pricing for what he offers.

His main job is working out in the oil fields, so the man gets his grind on and still makes time for every customer and every comment in his Facebook group. He's a guy who loves people.

I have 4 of his fragrances, 2 are clones and 2 are originals. I enjoy all 4 of them, but I will say his originals are much better. That is just my personal opinion. His clones are still very good though.

He doesn't have a website yet, but you can see the latest Genre news in his Facebook group. Click this link to join.


Savoir Faire 

Savoir Faire was created by Chris Classic. He seems to only have 3 scents in his lineup so far, so I hope he expands on that. I have seen quite a few favorable YouTube reviews on Signature, but I haven't seen much on the others.  This company was one of a few of the recently emerging black fragrance brands. He seems to be doing good work, so it would be worth at least sampling his stuff when it comes back in stock.

Savoir Faire Store


World of Chris Collins 

You might recognize Chris. He has been the face of many ads for Ralph Lauren and has worked in the fashion industry for some time. He recently launched his own fragrance brand and currently has 7 fragrances under his brand. This is a company that I really want to check out, but I am not seeing samples to purchase and they aren't super affordable. Maybe I will be adventurous enough to pull the trigger on one of them to review for you folks at some point. At $225 for 50ml, it would be adventurous for me. They look like they are quality fragrances though. His line looks like the most luxury-oriented out of the brands I featured here.

World of Chris Collins Store


Shawn Crenshaw 

"Every man deserves an ovation"...I just love the marketing for Ovation for Men by Shawn Crenshaw. The marketing plays on the men who have been real men and never asked anyone for anything. the unsung fathers, brothers, and all of those special men in our lives. That is some advertising I can get behind. At $85 for 50ml, it's fairly affordable too. His advertising is probably the main reason why I remember this brand. I'd love to pick this one up as well. I think I could do quite a clever review on it, given that it's a good fragrance. Judging by YouTube reviews, it is.

Buy Ovation here


Mair Fragrance

Mair Fragrance was started by Mair Emenogu. She started out as a receptionist in Texas before launching her own brand. She only has one fragrance right now, but I hope she is working on more. It is a fragrance targeted towards women. It's inspired by gardens in France. I love gardens, so that is something I can get behind. I hope to see more from her in the future.


Buy Remember When


Kimberly New York

Kimberly New York appears to be a more modern house to me. The fragrances look to be artsy and a part of the creator's style. She has fragrances for both men and women. One of her men's releases, Echelon, revolves around the marketing of upping your fragrance game, like a reference to an "upper echelon". I dig that sort of marketing. Her range is pretty affordable too, which none of them costing over $100 from what I can see. I dig the quirky, but also serious style her brand exudes.

Kimberly New York Store

Conclusion

If I missed anyone, I apologize once again. Feel free to message me on Facebook if you have any more brands you would like to have featured, even if it's your own brand.

One of the best ways to support these artistic individuals in the black community is to put our money where our mouth is and support them. We love fragrances, so do they. Let's work together to improve the lives of everyone around us.

Let's also pray for our black brothers and sisters in their fight for equal treatment. Let's also pray that the rest of us can find a way to help and support them. This is my way. Using my platform in a positive way to uplift these businesses and what they stand for.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Remember that kind words are free. Use them often. You never know how much it could help someone who is going through a rough time. be safe, folks. Until next time, keep smelling great and keep being great.

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

6 comments:

  1. Great article my friend! I recently purchased a few fragrances from Genre Perfume, I was super excited when I opened the package. They are great quality fragrances at really awesome affordable prices. I am a fraghead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Rose! Yes, both Devin and his business stand for quality. I am a big fan.

      Delete
    2. I appreciat this list and highlight of black owned businesses. I definitely need a compilation and purchase made at each of them, Genre is my first stop. Thank you sir.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great article. I’ll check out some of these perfumers.

    ReplyDelete