Monday, July 6, 2020

A Taste of India: Aamod Fragrances House Review

Credit: Aamod Fragrances

Hey, folks! I hope everyone is doing well today. I am happy you all stopped by today because I have another new house to bring you. Well, at least it's a new house for most people outside of India.

Aamod Fragrances is a small fragrance company based out of India. Headed up by self-taught perfumer Satyajeet Dharmadhikari, they strive to make fragrances appropriate to the climate of India. There aren't too many fragrance houses in India, even though the country is known for its love of perfume. I am not sure if anyone in the US has reviewed these yet because they are only available in India, but Satyajeet is working on getting them to the US in the next few months.

Full disclosure, Satyajeet is a friend of mine and he did send me some samples for free. This doesn't impact my opinion of the fragrances. I wouldn't be a true friend to him if I wasn't honest about them.

So, I will be reviewing all 4 of his releases. I have worn each one of these at least 5 times. I hope you enjoy this. Let's get into it!


Tropical Voyage

Credit: Aamod Fragrances

Main Notes: Muskmelon, white musk, tropical fruits, cucumber, and white florals

Link: http://www.aamodfragrances.com/products/tropical-voyage/3

Situation: Casual

Season: Summer

Performance: 7 hours on skin with 2 of modest projection.

Age Group: Any


The Scent

Tropical Voyage is a very pleasant fragrance that is built around a muskmelon accord to my nose. I am not entirely sure what muskmelon smells like, but I pick up something that smells like a very sweet version of a cantaloupe and I assume that is what it is. This melon note dances around with clean white musk, a watery cucumber accord, and sweet tropical fruits. The tropical fruits I can pick out are pineapple and passionfruit. Maybe the accord is tricking my nose into smelling those fruits, but that is what I get regardless. The floral accord sits at the base and provides lift to brighten up the rest of the fragrance. It just softens everything else and keeps it clean, just like it's supposed to.

My Opinion

Tropical Voyage is excellent. This fragrance was named very aptly. It imparts the idea of sitting near the coast and sitting on fruity drinks on a hot day. It's very fresh and uplifting. The melon and cucumber notes are done so well, with the white musk and florals giving them depth. This is just a fresh and clean fruity fragrance and I think the muskmelon just makes this fragrance what it is. I will be purchasing a full bottle of this when he offers it in the US.


Essence du Royale
Credit: Aamod Fragrances

Main Notes: Rose, clove, incense, sandalwood, patchouli, and raspberry

Link: http://www.aamodfragrances.com/products/essence-du-royale-/1

Situation: Semi-formal to formal

Season: Spring, fall, and winter

Performance: 9-10 hours on skin. 3 hours of solid projection

Age Group: 30+

The Scent

Essence du Royale was likened to Frederic Malle's Portrait of a Lady by Satyajeet. I haven't smelled that one yet, but I want to. He said this one is very close to it and I trust his judgment on it.

The fragrance starts off with a smoky incense accord that dominates and stays in this fragrance for the entire life of it.  A few minutes in, that dark and sweet rose starts showing its face. The rose is further sweetened by blackcurrant and raspberry. Vividly woody patchouli hangs around as one of the most dominant notes to give this fragrance even more class, which mixes with the rose and incense. Dry sandalwood and spicy clove linger as nuances to add to the major players in the fragrance.


My Opinion

Essence Du Royale is more of a dressed up scent to me. It's dark, sweet, seductive, and expertly blended. The sweet rose with the woods and incense makes for a very classy and romantic fragrance. It's a very beautiful fragrance that is made for someone who enjoys the finer things in life and spares no expense to have the best things. This is another one I will need a full bottle of when it's available. Portrait of a Lady has real rose in it, but its price reflects that. Essence du Royale has a great interpretation of rose in it. I will choose Essence du Royale until I can get my hands on POAL for a decent price.


Champagne du Roses

Credit: Aamod Fragrances
Main Notes: Turkish rose, Damask Rose, white florals, spices, and musk

Link: http://www.aamodfragrances.com/products/champagne-du-roses/2

Situation: Any

Season: Any

Performance: 8+ hours on skin. 2 hours of modest projection

Age Group: Any


The Scent

Champagne du Roses is pretty much as the name implies, a mixture of roses. It opens up with a cean fresh off the vine rose. It smells very realistic.  Cinnamon and clean musk accent the roses and help to keep this from being just a rose scent. White florals sit at the bottom and brighten up the cleanliness of the rose.

As it dries down, the spices become stronger and make this an elegant spicy rose fragrance. The opening will fool you into thinking this will be an airy scent, but then the spices kick in, it shows its identity.

My Opinion

I feel like I am hyping Aamod fragrances now, but this is another one I really like. However, this is my least favorite of the 4 I am reviewing. That doesn't mean it's bad at all though. It's quite good. I just like the other three more than this one. I would possibly consider a full bottle of this one because it's a well done spicy rose fragrance and I don't have many of those in my collection. Most of my rose fragrances are rose/ouds or soapy ones. So, this is a bit different for me and it's certainly something I would wear.


Vibrant Vetiver
Credit: Aamod Fragrances

Main Notes: Vetiver, neroli, lavender, petitgrain, oakmoss, cardamom, sage, and black pepper

Link: http://www.aamodfragrances.com/products/vibrant-vetiver/4

Situations: Any

Weather: Any, but its best for warmer weather

Performance: 8 hours on skin. 3 hours of modest projection

Age Group: Any

The Scent 

Vibrant Vetiver starts off with a very green and fresh vetiver, mixed with some neroli that gives off a a clean and citrusy vibe. The petitgrain is tart and makes it feel like there is citrus in this fragrance, but there isn't.

As it dries down, fresh cardamom makes its appearance with black pepper to bring this into more of a traditional masculine realm. I believe this fragrance has two types of vetiver, the fresh grassy one in the opening and the woody one that pops up in the dry down. There is a slight herbal nuance coming from the sage. Subtle hits on green oakmoss can be picked up in the base as well.

My Opinion

Vibrant Vetiver is my favorite of his line. However, I do not think I would get a full bottle. This is simply because I have many vetiver scents in my collection and I feel the others are more unique. It is a great fragrance and it was made by someone who knows how to manipulate vetiver. It feels very French with a touch of Italian to me. It has that fresh classiness that embodies French perfumery and their use of vetiver and the Italian's use of neroli and petitgrain. It's a very modern take on vetiver and it's executed to its full potential in this fragrance.

I will probably eventually get a bottle, but not before I get Tropical Voyage and Essence du Royale. That is just my opinion. If you are looking for a great vetiver fragrance, then I would highly suggest sampling this one. As I said, I am a huge fan of vetiver and I have many fragrances featuring that note, so this one doesn't excite me as much as the others do.


Conclusion

I feel like I am hyping up Aamod, but I do truly believe they have some great offerings here. They are all pretty mass appealing and safe. He didn't reach outside the box and make anything unique enough to smell strange, but he did make them unique and pleasant. I am looking forward to future releases from him and I hope he keeps up this sort of quality to his future releases. Also, I hope he makes this available in the US soon, because if he does, this house will become popular. You can quote me on that.

He offers some other smaller batch blends to people in India in his Facebook group. So, if you are located in India and want to check out his other releases, feel free to join up and see what he has to offer.

Link to his Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1975419459372240/

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be blessed and be a blessing. Kind words are free. Use them often. You never know how you could help someone. Now, I am going to go confuse my cat with me smelling like roses, vetiver, and muskmelon. I am sure she isn't going to appreciate that, but I think she has learned to live with my weird smells by now. The things I do for you folks...I am kidding. Until next time, keep smelling great and doing great!


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment