Wednesday, February 5, 2020

A Garden Stroll: Perfumology L'Ima Review

Source

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I hope today is going well for all of you. It's a rainy day here today. We are supposed to get some severe storms here tomorrow and it's my birthday...What a birthday present, huh? It will be fine though.

Today I am bringing you my first full review of a Perfumology fragrance. Perfumology is a niche and indie fragrance store located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. they have been around and have an online store where you can get their products if you are like me and don't live near the store.

The fragrance I will be covering today is L'Ima, which creative director Nir guy wanted to make as an ode to his grandmother, who was an avid gardener. Perfumer Justin Federico brought his vision to life in a parfum that took actual plant oils from the garden.

Nir did send me a sample of this for free. I have no affiliation with Perfumology and my opinions remain my own.

I am going to try a slightly different style for this review, let me know what you folks think! I won't be going over the presentation since this is only a sample. Let's get into it!


The Notes

Top

Lemon, Orange, Pomelo, Peppermint, Lemon Verbena, and Tomato Leaf


Mid

Geranium, Orris, Neroli, Lily, Rose, Ambrette, Elemi, Cardamom


Base

Amber, Copaiba(I am not sure what this even is), Cashmere, Sandalwood, White Musk



The Scent

L'Ima opens up with some realistic citruses, lemon and orange. They are sweet and smooth. The lemon is bright and mingles wonderfully with the orange and pomelo. The peppermint peeks its head out giving this composition a refreshing shaded nuance. It's like you are sitting in the shade next to a grove of citruses and basking in the aromas that surround you.

Shortly after the lemon verbena creates its familiar sunny day accord with nuances of grass, while the peppermint still mingles around and lets you know that you are in the shade and enjoying this beautiful day.

From the side comes a whiff of tomato leaf, slightly bitter and reminiscent of an Italian kitchen. I used to grow tomatoes myself, so I can pick this note up very vividly throughout the life of this fragrance. Tomato notes are used so sparsely in perfumery and I love the fact that it is executed perfectly here. It just fits into the whole vibe like a missing puzzle piece.

A breath of fresh air, clean and soothing. The lily embraces us with it's gentle and airy touch. gentle caressing the skin like a light breeze on a summer day, adding to the cooling effect from the peppermint.

Beautiful roses are lingering in the distance. they are clean and fresh instead of powdery. Lending their aroma and peacefulness to an already blissful day.

Neroli from the nearby orange trees tickles the senses with a lightly honeyed nuance with clean white florals. It lightly gives us a brief whiff when the breeze blows and it calms us and reminds us of where we are.

This fragrance is beautifully created. It makes me think of a Mediterranean garden in the spring while the plants are freshly sprouting and blooming. The way the citruses dance with the florals creating a sunny day accord, while the peppermint and lily create this cooling and breezy feeling. The tomato leaf keeps this from being a normal citrus grove fragrance. It keeps this fragrance vegetal and reminiscent of an actual garden. This is what Nir envision and Justin Frederico executed it flawlessly.

The performance is quite good. It lasts around 10 hours on me with a modest amount of projection for the first 4 hours. the sillage trail is admirable and noticeable.

This is a casual fragrance. A sunny day fragrance. It is absolutely unisex and can be worn with anything except formal clothing. It also fits any age group.

I would encourage you to pick up a sample of this if it sounds good to you. Perfumology sells 2.5ml samples for $8. Personally, I think this is full bottle worthy. Even though I normally don't go for fragrances in this price range, I think it's worth every single penny. The quality and blending is superb. and I love Mediterranean style fragrances and this one is certainly unique. Plus, the story behind it is amazing. I bet Nir is as proud of this fragrance as his inspiration for it.  I thought Clutch was my favorite until I started to learn about this one and it really sparked my imagination and put me in the middle of it. You have to love scents that take you on a journey with them. This is certainly one of those for me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Don't forget to say a kind word to someone today. You never know who it might help. Be blessed, smell great, and do great.


Buy L'Ima here


My Youtube channel(If you want to get a head start for when I start posting videos)(Hopefully that will be soon)

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Want insider news as to what I am working on? What I am testing? Any giveaways I might hold? Want to decide what topics for me to cover on my blog? Then join the Musings of the Fragheads Facebook group here! I also post every article I write in here, so that might be an easier way for you to see every post I do!

Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment