Saturday, May 1, 2021

My Papyrus Affair: Cremo Palo Santo Review

 



Good evening! I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. Mine was good until I realized I had no packing tape to send a package out, so I was lazy and just ordered some off of Amazon.

I have another Cremo review for you today. This time it's Palo Santo, which I believe is part of their Reserve Collection. I am not entirely sure what qualifies a fragrance as being part of that collection. They are all the same price. 

I purchased this fragrance from Target. This one wasn't sent to me. My opinions are still my own regardless of the circumstance, as always.

I don't have a story for this one. You will see why when I get to the review. Let's get into it!


The Notes 

Papyrus, Cardamom, and Palo Santo 


The Scent

Palo Santo opens up with a sweet and fresh cardamom note that transcends into a green and woody papyrus. I am not sure what palo santo smells like, but there is a lemony sweet woodiness to this fragrance. There is either a vague lemon note in here, or that is the palo santo. 

Overall, Cremo Palo Santo is very dry and vividly woody with green nuances and a bit of spice. There isn't much development in this fragrance. Such is the case with most Cremo fragrances. The cardamom tones down in the heart and it's mostly a woody fragrance. The lemon-esque note seems to vanish completely to me in favor of woody notes. 

My Opinion

I strongly dislike this one. That is why there is no story for it. It didn't inspire me.  It's not because the quality is bad. The quality is on par with all of the other Cremos that I have tried. I just have a strong dislike of papyrus.

I think I might have a gene that makes it smell like pickles to me. You know that some people have a gene that makes cilantro smell and taste like soap? I have the pickle-laden olfactory dread of papyrus one, sadly. I think this might be the case for those who think some salty notes smell like eggs too. This is just speculation though.

This fragrance does remind me a bit of Le LaboSantal 33 without the leather and sandalwood. It's an alternate take on it. So, if you are a fan of Santal 33, then you will probably enjoy this one. If you dislike it, then you probably won't like this one either. 

I will be passing this one on to a friend who likes Santal 33 because I won't wear it. I have tried for almost 2 years to like Santal 33 and I just can't. I admit that I only gave this one 3 wearings before reviewing it because it was just unpleasant to me. I usually test a minimum of 5 full wearings. 

It does last quite a while on my skin. It's a good 8+ hour fragrance with a decent sillage. 

Sometimes I think my aversion to papyrus might come from someone I knew that had a body odor that reminded me of pickles as well. Maybe that is why it is so unpleasant to me. I am not sure, I just know that my nose doesn't like it and this is probably the end of the line with papyrus scents to me. I have tried around 6 of them and I always get that smell from them. A shame, but what can you do?


Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review of Cremo Palo Santo. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Keep smelling great and being great. Remember that a kind word is free and can change someone's life. Much love and stay safe, folks. 


Buy Palo Santo at Target


Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. So it's not too terribly bad then!!! i'm still kind of warming up to it but the og frags cremo offers would probably be the ones i would reach for more. citrus and mint leaf is next for me to purchase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Citrus & Mint Leaf is next for me too. I love both mint and citruses.

      Delete