Thursday, July 30, 2020

Enchanting: Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule Review


Source

Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today. I am doing well while sitting here with a cup of Earl Grey, as usual. Apparently, Blogger updated its interface and it took me around 20 minutes to figure out how to create a new post. I am so technologically dense sometimes. Oh well, I figured it out or you wouldn't be seeing this post...

Today I will be doing my first review from the French niche house of Serge Lutens. They seem to be a well-loved brand by many fragrance enthusiasts and I was quite excited to check this one out. 

My good friend, Scent Remix, sent me 10ml of this wonderful perfume on the house. So, a special thank you goes out to him for his kindness. Also, he has a YouTube channel with the same name. If you enjoy my style, then you will enjoy his as well. We have similar tastes. Check him out here.

I am excited about this one. Let's get into it!


The Story 

Your heart races. Your palms get sweaty. You are back here again, at square one. It's been a while since you have been on a date. You are out of practice and you aren't even sure how these things work anymore. The only way to break the ice is to just do it, so you are. 

A black suit is fitting for a fancy restaurant. The elegance of the black suit is never understated, but perhaps it's too formal for this. The ideas race in your mind. Your insecurities grip your mind. You don't want to mess this up. You spent an entire year to garner up the courage to ask her out. Now, you are doubting it as you wait for her to arrive. 

A subtle waft graces your nose. For a moment, you forget about your anxiety as you focus on what it is. Perhaps is some sort of fancy dessert they serve. It smells like a rich and decadent chocolate. You pause for a moment. That is me. A rich layer of dark chocolate tantalizes your senses with a creamy and woody trail. An elegant and refined rose follows. Suddenly, you forgot about your anxiety. Confidence comes as you realize the fragrance is a representation of you. Sweet and classy, soft and gentlemanly.

She finally arrives. Thankfully you already regained your wits. She greets you with a warm smile that comforts you as you pull out her chair for her and she sits. As you walk back to your seat, you think, "maybe this night won't be so bad after all..."


The Scent 

Upon spraying Santal Majuscule, you are greeting by a sweet and confident rose that quickly gives way to dark and bitter cacao. This cacao isn't the super powdery type like you will find in the Dior Homme line. This cacao is smooth. Creamy sandalwood joins the party and tames the bitterness of the cacao and gives it an opulent milky feel. A slight hint of spice from rich tonka bean rounds this fragrance out perfectly. 

When Santal Majuscule dries down, the tonka is accompanied by woody and sweet rose with a slight floral sharpness to it. It lingers as a soft, creamy, and woody chocolate fragrance with a dark and sweet rose for its entire life. 

My Opinion

Santal Majuscule is a beautiful and magical creation from the house of Serge Lutens. I certainly need a bottle of this in my collection. This makes me want to try even more Serge Lutens fragrances. I am impressed with the depth and quality of this fragrance for only having a few notes. This would be an outstanding fragrance for a romantic evening, especially Valentine's Day.

I really do love this one, but I still suggest sampling first. This isn't a fragrance that everyone will appreciate and it's not cheap. I do suggest getting a sample of this one though. I do think it's a very=high quality and expertly blended fragrance. The notes dance back and forth and dance with each other for most of the fragrance's lifespan, which is quite lengthy. 

Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed my review! I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be good to one another and remember that a kind word is free, so use them often. You never know who you could help!

Want to see what is going on in my group and vote on my upcoming articles? We also discuss fragrances and fragrant topics in a drama-free environment. You won't see any troll Aventus and CDNIM posts in my group! Join my Facebook group!

Want to learn how to support my work? Click here

Follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment